065. sam's summer story

Dean is driving and Sam is on the phone.

"Can I get a copy of the missing persons report? Great. Okay. Thanks." Sam hangs up. "Well, Anna Milton's definitely real."

"Don't mean the case is real. And this hospital's a three day drive." Dean says.

"We've driven further for less, Dean." Sam tells his brother who shakes his head. "You got something to say, say it."

"Oh, I'm saying it -- this sucks." Dean says.

"You're not pissed we're going after the girl. You're pissed Ruby threw us the tip." Sam says.

"Right. Cause as far as you're concerned, the hell bitch is practically family. Yeah, boy, something major must've happened while I was downstairs, cause I come back, and-and you're BFFs with a demon?"

"Mm. More than BFF." Miranda rolls her eyes.

"I told you, Dean. She helped me go after Lilith." Sam says.

"Well, thanks for the thumbnail -- real vivid. You want to fill in a little detail?" Dean questions.

"Sure, Dean, let's trade stories. You first. How was Hell? Don't spare the details." Sam remarks.

+++

Sam and Dean returned to the motel, informing Miranda that they had found Anna and a demon had found them and attacked them while Ruby got Anna out.

They both came back injured and Miranda is currently stitching up Sam's arm.

"Are you almost done?" Dean asks.

"Shut up, Dean." Miranda tells him.

"She's going as fast as she can." Sam defends the blonde. "Ow." He whines when she yanks a little harshly.

"Sorry." She mutters, but Sam can tell she doesn't have too much remorse.

"Good, cause you know, I got a dislocated shoulder over here." Dean says, walking over to a table and picking up a bottle of whiskey, taking a swig.

"You're gonna have two if you don't shut up." Miranda tells him.

"Yeah. I'll pop it back when she's finished." Sam says as Miranda finishes stitching his arm up.

"Here." Miranda snatches the bottle of whiskey from Dean.

"Wh--" Dean frowns.

Miranda dumps some of the whiskey on Sam's wound making him yell out, both out of shock and pain.

"Little warning, maybe." Sam says through gritted teeth. Miranda just shrugs.

"So, you lost the magic knife, huh?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, saving your ass. Who the hell was that demon?" Sam asks.

"No one good. We got to find Anna." Dean says.

"Ruby's got her. I'm sure she's okay." Sam says, standing up.

"Yeah, okay." Miranda scoffs.

"All right. Come on. On three. One--" Sam pops Dean's shoulder back into place. Dean groans in pain, walking it off.

"You sure about Ruby? Cause I think it's just as likely she used us to find radio girl and then brought that demon in to kill us." Dean says.

"No, she took Anna to keep her safe." Sam says.

"Yeah. Well, why hasn't she called to tell us where she is?" Dean asks.

"Because that demon is probably watching us right now, waiting to follow us right back to Anna again. That's why he let us go." Sam says.