062. classic monsters

The three get out of the Impala at Oktoberfest. Miranda gets Carly out of her car seat and holds her. Carly babbles, reaching out towards Sam.

"Wh-what?" Sam feels himself start to panic.

Carly whines, making grabby hands at her dad.

"She-- she wa-- she actually--"

"Are you gonna make her beg or take her already?" Miranda remarks.

"Yeah. Yeah! Yeah." Sam takes Carly from the woman. "Hi." He softly tells Carly. "You want me to hold you? Yeah."

"Looks like the past few weeks have paid off. Yahoo." Miranda remarks.

Sam smiles at his daughter while she looks in the area where everybody is, her wide blue eyes observing everything.

"We still got to see the new Raiders movie." Dean says.

"Saw it." Sam says.

"Without me?" Dean asks.

"You were in Hell." Sam reasons.

"That's no excuse." Dean says, looking around. "Big pretzel!" He walks over to the vendor, ordering three big pretzels.

"New movie date with Ruby?" Miranda remarks.

"Wh-- no. No, we-- we weren't dating." Sam says.

"Just screwing each other." Miranda says.

"I--" Sam's words get caught in his throat.

"Yeah." She nods, walking towards Dean.

"Thank you." Dean takes the pretzels from the person in charge of the cart. He turns to Sam and Miranda, giving them each a pretzel.

"Thank you." Sam tells his brother. The brothers both bite into their pretzels, Miranda taking a bite of hers as well.

"Ah." Carly makes a grabby hand to the pretzel her dad is holding.

"You want a little?" Sam asks and Carly nods. Sam tears off a small piece of the pretzel and feeds it to her. "Chew, chew, chew." He reminds.

"Guten tag." A woman greets, walking past them.

""Guten tag" yourself." Dean says with his mouth full as he watches her walk away.

"Mmm. Looks like that's our man." Sam says, looking over at the sheriff and they walk over to him.

"Sheriff Dietrich." Sam calls.

"Are you folks from the fed?" Dietrich asks.

"Agents Angus, Young, and Johnson." Sam informs, the three showing their badges. "We called ahead about your, uh, problem."

"Right. Um... I'll tell you what, why don't we talk this out away from the crowd, huh?" Dietrich suggests.

+++

The three get to the bar and walk up to the counter.

"I remember you." The woman from earlier says.

"And I remember you..." Dean looks at her name tag. "Jamie. I never forget a pretty... everything."

"We're looking for Ed Brewer." Sam says.

"What do you want with Ed?" Jamie asks.

"Well, we are, uh... federal agents." Dean says, the three flashing their badges. "Mr. Brewer was witness to a serious crime. We just need to--"

"Wait a minute. You're a fed? Wow, you don't come on like a fed. Seriously?" Jamie asks.

"I'm a maverick, ma'am." Miranda rolls  her eyes. "A rebel with a badge. One thing I don't play: the rules." Dean says, winking at her.