forty-five

The giggles and laughter from Mia and Jack could be heard from where the team was sitting on the beach. Everyone decided to spend some much needed relaxation in the Dominican Republic after that last mission. They were staying with Brian and Mia, and today, they decided to have a picnic at the beach. It was going to be the last time Mia and Brian got involved in the lifestyle that everyone was in. They were officially retiring from this world to focus on their growing family.

Beatriz sipped on the beer, listening to Jack's giggles and the waves crashing. It was really peaceful on the spot they picked. Their cars lined the road, waiting for them to return back to the house for a few more days of relaxation before heading back home or off to a long-awaited honeymoon for Dom and Letty.

Bea played with the ring on her finger, the one Han planned on giving to her one day.

Mia called out to Brian, asking him to come and play. Jack ran straight for Brian to get him to go play with him and Mia. "Duty calls." Dom said.

"It does." Brian got up from where he was sitting, picking up Jack as they ran to Mia. Beatriz sipped on the beer again as she stared at Mia, Jack, and Brian. It wasn't jealousy she was feeling.

It was regret.

Regret that she never got to live the settled down lifestyle that her and Han wanted so badly. Tokyo was supposed to be their home and the plans were getting set into motion. Bea wanted to feel what settling down actually felt like with someone she truly loved and adored. Bea had "settled down" with Keir but it wasn't the love she wanted or expected to get from him. With Han, it was different. Bea regretted that she didn't put her foot down about settling down more in Tokyo.

Min Woo sat on the rock, smiling at Brian and Mia. This was the first time he was really getting to know the team, feeling like one of the family. He even got to know Keir and Archer - Archer sat next to Ramsey, taking a picture of the lovely family. But Min Woo really felt like part of the family now, they accepted him without a single question as to why Bea was bringing some kid from Tokyo to California with her. He was just part of the family now, and Min Woo couldn't have asked for a better family.

Keir rolled his eyes at Roman as he complained about the sun and the heat.

Tej reached over, nudging Roman's arm to shut him up. "What you nudgin' me for?" Roman asked.

"Close your mouth for two seconds. Just open your eyes, man." Everyone was watching Brian and Mia with Jack.

"Beautiful."

"That's where he belongs." Letty said.

"Home." Dom clarified. "Where he's always belonged."

"Things are gonna be different now." Roman said. Bea looked down at her lap, taking a deep breath - in more ways than one.

Dom got up from where he was sitting, taking one last look at Brian and Mia before heading out. "You aren't going to say goodbye?" Ramsey called out. Dom stopped, looking back at the team before looking at the family once more.

"It's never goodbye." Beatriz chewed at her lip before downing the rest of her beer.

After a few minutes, Bea decided to get up and walk the beach alone. She needed a few minutes just to herself. Maybe it was Dom's words of "it's never goodbye" or just feeling sorry for herself, but Beatriz needed to just go for a walk. And no one stopped her. They knew she was going to be mourning for a while.

Bea took her flip-flops off letting her toes go into the sand as she walked along the edge. The water splashed against her ankles. Beatriz gave a small smile as she walked the beach. However, the tears filled her eyes. "God." She shook her head. "I've cried enough." Bea told herself. She wiped her eyes. "Enough." Beatriz knew that she'd be crying a lot after today, but right now, she didn't need to cry.