four

Agent Keir Byrne, unknowingly, arrived in Rio de Janeiro before Beatriz even knew she would be getting on a plane. Keir was assigned to the tactical team that was run by Agent Luke Hobbs of the DSS. He did arrive a little later than the rest of the team, being escorted to the safe house that Dominic Toretto was previously using. As soon as he arrived, he saw some of the team examining the car.

There was a small part of Keir that said to call Beatriz, she'd know every detail of what was under that hood right now.

"About damn time, Bryne."

Keir was drawn from his thoughts as Hobbs walked by. "Sorry, I didn't spring for first class and direct flight." Keir set his bag down. He shook his head as a file was tossed at his face. "Also didn't account for an emergency landing." He muttered to himself as he opened the file.

"Something doesn't add up." Keir looked up from the file, seeing the female police officer. He stepped towards the car, leaning down to ask his question.

The DSS agent glanced up from the car before looking back at the engine. "That's Elena Neves. She's workin' with us." He commented.

Keir nodded slowly, looking back at the file. He ignored the conversation for the most part. At the moment, he was more concerned about capturing Dominic Toretto. He was on the original team looking for Toretto when he escaped the first time, but he was assigned to Hobbs' team as soon as Toretto and his team helped him escape police custody from the police transport bus.

When it came to tracking Toretto, he was good at hiding. It had been two years since they got a good sighting of Toretto and it was here in Rio. Taking out two federal agents just seemed to either be an escalation or something else. Keir couldn't put his finger on what changed - as far as the tracking of Toretto went, he never killed anyone. At least no one they knew of up until this point.

"Wilkes, we get anything?" Hobbs asked.

"Standard forensics. Shoe prints. Hair and fiber. Prints are all over the car." Wilkes said as he approached with the information.

"Anything else?" Hobbs questioned. Keir closed the file, tossing it onto the table next to him.

"Yeah, we tracked the owner of the vehicle ID. There are a couple of shell companies in between, but we finally traced it back to a corporation owned by an investor down here named Hernan Reyes." He explained.

"Investor?" Elena Neves shook her head. "If there's anything illegal happening in Rio, Reyes is involved." She stated.

"Okay, then so are we. If he could get us any closer to our guys, I want everything on him." Keir sighed, knowing why he was called to Rio without Hobbs knowing. Keir was the research guy - his job was literally dig up every piece of dirt on the scumbags they looked for. Normally, he didn't work in the field, but with Toretto's escape, the DSS wanted him to be more hands-on.

As soon as Hobbs gave Keir the job of cross-checking Reyes, he walked over to the computer that was sitting in the safe house. He ignored Hobbs' request to find out how many times Reyes shook his dick after he used the bathroom. Keir sat down, only to hear Hobbs telling two others to pick the car back together. Keir could barely hold back his snickers.

Outside of the basic knowledge of cars, Wilkes and Fusco weren't like Dominic Toretto. Putting back together an entire engine from top to bottom was going to take them a long while. Keir already knew that he'd be on duty to bring up manuals to try and bring the car back to life. Whatever Toretto was looking for, he certainly found it.

Keir pulled out his phone out of his pocket, seeing the text message from Bea. She was just telling him she was going to be out of town for an unknown amount of time. Keir did find that curious - Beatriz didn't leave Puerto Rico. In all the years they knew each other, Bea stayed put. She didn't even take vacations. And if she did leave Puerto Rico, it was just to the City.