twenty-five

ONE YEAR PRIOR

Han and Bea spared no expense when it came to their travels to Tokyo - first class, the best suite at the best hotel, and so much more. It was nice to finally use those millions they had. Outside of traveling, staying in the nicest hotels and buying cars or motorcycles, Bea and Han barely broke a million with all the purchases they made.

Han took care of the flight, enjoying first class and all the amenities provided to them. Beatriz was the one who took care of the hotel arrangements. Han tried once to arrange a hotel, let's just say... Bea took over after that. They had only planned to stay in a hotel for a month, letting themselves get adjusted to their new life in Tokyo.

They had big plans.

They just had to make them come true.

The first order of business were cars. While Beatriz would have liked to get motorcycles again, Tokyo seemed more like a car place. She could always buy a motorcycle down the line, right now, they just needed to see the car and racing scene.

The very night they arrived in Tokyo, Bea and Han went out to find a race. It only took a little convincing of some of the locals with Beatriz's near perfect Japanese before they revealed the location. A parking garage wasn't uncommon for street races to take place in or around. It was quite a popular spot, especially in New York City.

"I'm not surprised they chose a parking garage," Han commented. His arm was draped over Bea's shoulders, making their way towards the parking garage. "The drifting culture 'round here is insane." Han added.

"You don't have to worry about the cops either. It's in a confined space." Beatriz added.

"Unless they take the streets."

"When we do get our cars, we'll have to test that theory." Bea smirked.

Han stopped, looking at Bea. "And here I thought you didn't like to race family." Han smirked back at Beatriz.

Bea smacked his chest before grabbing onto his jacket. "I can change." Beatriz said with a simple shrug. Han shook his head with a smile on his face. They continued on their way to the parking garage, and it wasn't hard to find. It was pretty easy to find a race once you knew what to look for. Beatriz turned her head in time to see a car drive by to head to tonight's race. "We ain't in California anymore." Bea commented.

"Welcome to Tokyo."

When Beatriz and Han entered the parking garage, they were greeted by lines and lines of cars. It reminded Bea a lot of Rio's race environment mixed with California. Bea knew that each racing culture was different from the next, but Bea was interested in how Tokyo did theirs. It was amazing from where Bea was standing. "Fuck." Bea crossed her arms. "We are gonna be spending a pretty penny on our cars." Beatriz said, chewing at her bottom lip.

Han wrapped his arms around Bea's waist. "Bix, you say that like it's a bad thing." Han whispered near her ear. "Just to remind you, we are starting our lives here." Han added. "Settling down."

"You know settling down also means we aren't giving up our racing lifestyle." Bea said. Han smiled as they continued into the parking garage. Bea and Han snuck peeks under the hoods of some of the cars that had their hoods up. The engines were insane as well as the designs of the cars. Tokyo definitely liked their flashy cars.

"This reminds me of Florida."

"I'm not surprised you've been to Florida." Bea commented.

"It was only for a week, I got the hell out of there. Tej and Roman spent more time than I did down there." Han said.