twenty-six

It was Han's idea.

Not exactly where Bea wanted to live, but she also wasn't expecting the whole "white picket fence" either, especially in Tokyo. But what Bea didn't realize was that living in Tokyo was expensive. Not California expensive, but up there. It was one of the most expensive cities to live in.

Han and Beatriz apparently had expensive tastes.

And of course, they both fell in love with the area of Shibuya. When they first went apartment shopping, Beatriz actually had to stop herself from saying that was a lot. A one-bedroom with a dedicated living, kitchen, and dining room was nearly an even 1.5k... a month.

Han decided that he'd find something, and he did.

The garage needed some work, but it had an attached apartment that would be fine for two people. Bea knew that Han wanted to own a garage one day, and the price was something she couldn't deny. It was honestly perfect, even if Bea didn't exactly see it was a "settling down" point.

It was a good "let's get out of that hotel room before we run up a bigger bill than they already had" point in their lives. They could always find another apartment later on. Beatriz wasn't completely upset about it, mainly because it meant she could work on their cars without someone peering over her shoulder who wasn't Han.

Plus the garage was within walking distance of everything they'd need.

Beatriz set her computer down onto the table in the living room, her duffel sat next to her. "I will say it's nice not living out of a duffel anymore." Beatriz said as she began to pull out her belongings from inside the bag.

Mia laughed. "I'm still in awe over how small apartments are in Japan."

Bea looked around the place. "It doesn't have more square footage than your average one-bedroom place here, that's a nice bonus. But, yeah, apartments here are tiny." Beatriz looked back at Mia and Jack. "If you want an apartment with 3 or 4 bedrooms, you'll be paying around 7k a month. And that's if you want a living, dining, and kitchen." Bea explained.

"And I thought the cost of living in Los Angeles was shit."

"Tokyo is one of the most expensive places to live, and so is Shibuya." Beatriz shrugged. "It's not a problem for us millionaires though." She winked.

"Where is Han?"

"Downstairs, waiting for our cars to arrive." Bea said. "We had the cars delivered to a friend of Han's place for the time being. We didn't want to pay for parking until we found a place." Bea added.

"Oh, that blue car, right?" Bea nodded. "What was under the hood? 'Cause I know for a fact you hate the color blue." Beatriz started laughing, shaking her head at Mia. She wasn't wrong - blue was one of Beatriz's least favorite colors, blue, pink, and yellow were just colors she couldn't stand. "It was the engine, wasn't it?"

"Oh, how'd you guess?" Bea asked with a smirk appearing on her face.

"Lucky guess."

"Mia, who are you talkin' to?"

Mia turned her head in the direction of Letty. "Come say hi to Bea, Letty."

Beatriz smiled once she saw her sister in front of her on the screen. "Oh, hey, Bea. How's Tokyo?"

"Amazing! Just how I pictured it, and I'm surprised that Han hasn't gotten tired of me yet with my architecture chatter." Beatriz chuckled to herself. "It's seriously beautiful here. I love it." Bea said.

Letty looked around her sister, "New place? That doesn't look like the hotel."

"Han bought a garage with an attached apartment." Beatriz picked up her bag. "Finally get to put this bad boy away for a while." Bea said.