eleven

Bea had to keep her composure as she watched Han drive. After last night's chat about Keir, Beatriz felt more open than before. She had been goofing off with Tej and Roman while getting breakfast for the team. Beatriz was allowing herself to enjoy this family she was given, and allowing herself to feel happy again.

But right now, she was trying to keep in her excitement. It was the first time Han got behind the wheel of one of the cars, doing the course like everyone else. Tej and Roman were watching the screen while Bea watched Han. He was moving around those corners like butter - his drifting skills were better than Beatriz's. Bea was thoroughly impressed with Han's skills.

As soon as Han moved around the fourth camera, Bea chewed at her bottom lip. "Fuck." She cursed under her breath.

"What was that?" Gisele asked, popping up behind her. Bea jumped when Gisele came up behind her. Gisele looked over at Han as soon as he got out of the car. "Close, but not enough." Beatriz was surprised by that.

Han leaned his arm on the door, looking over at Dom. "Dom, the window is too small, man." Dom and Leo were working on the Charger, checking over the engine. "Only way we're going to beat the cameras is with invisible cars." Now, Han was joking about the invisible car thing, but then he saw Dom's face.

Dom closed the hood of the Charger. "And I know just where to get 'em." Han had no idea what Dom was talking about. "Let's take a ride, boys. Bea," Beatriz looked over at Dom - it was the first time he actually addressed her since the team was formed. "Wanna go for a drive?"

"Uh, sure...?"

Beatriz didn't realize when Dom said "go for a drive" he really meant Bea being the driver while the boys did all the fun of getting the invisible cars. "I didn't sign up to be designated driver, Dom." Beatriz said.

"You agreed."

"You... bastard." She muttered the last part so Dom didn't hear her. Beatriz turned down the quiet street, going slowly as they came across the police station. Bea had never gone under five miles per hour before, but Roman, Dom, Brian, and Han were going to climb onto the top of the van and jump over to collect police cars.

That would be the only way to get in and out of the police station without eyebrows raised. It was a good plan too.

Beatriz heard the door open on the right side and the boys began to climb out. "Don't hurt yourselves now." Beatriz said as she kept steady. She peered into the driver's side mirror to see the four of them jump from the van to the fence and into the police car depo. Beatriz continued to drive slowly until she turned the corner.

When Beatriz arrived back at the warehouse, she slammed the van closed, leaning against the door. Her eyes drifted closed while her head smacked the door.

Bea wasn't having second thoughts - she wanted her millions, she wanted to see this through, even if they didn't get the money. If handcuffs went onto her wrists in the end, then it was meant to be. But Beatriz was thinking about something else entirely.

"You and Han would make a cute couple." Beatriz's head slammed against the door when she jumped. Bea bent forward, grabbing the back of her head. "Oh shit! I'm sorry!" Gisele apologized.

"You need a bell." Beatriz said through clenched teeth. Bea rubbed the back of her head. "What the fuck are you talking about?" Bea asked once she gathered herself.

"You heard me."

"No, I heard my skull smacking into metal. I'm surprised Mia didn't come runnin' to find out what happened." Beatriz was just happy she wasn't bleeding from that wack to her head. "Mind repeating."