two

THREE MONTHS LATER

"I'm keepin' my last name."

"Lexia Byrne sounds pretty badass, doesn't it?"

"Keir, no, it doesn't." Bea laughed. "Lexia Orr sounds better in document form than Lexia Byrne. And you know it." Beatriz pointed to Keir Byrne, her boyfriend of six years. "I'm not changing my last name, it's too cool to give up." Bea playfully stuck her tongue out at Keir, a smirk appearing on her face.

"It's traditional."

"And it's dumb."

"So no?"

"Oh, fuck no." Beatriz stood up from the floor. Keir and Bea were waiting for food to be delivered to their apartment. "And I don't care if I make your mother cry." Beatriz shrugged as she walked towards the door when a knock echoed through the living room.

"What about if we have children, Lexi?" Keir asked.

"Orr-Byrne sounds pretty badass, no?" Beatriz smirked. Her smirk fell as soon as she opened the door. "May I help you?" Bea asked politely, hoping that the suit that was standing outside of her apartment wasn't looking for her.

When Brian O'Conner researched Dominic Toretto and his crew, obviously he found out Letty had a little sister. She wasn't on the LAPD's radar at the time because no one had seen her since her graduation from high school. Brian saw the picture of Beatriz Ortiz in the Toretto home, but no one mentioned her. The police department wasn't even sure if Beatriz was alive. It wasn't until he started working for the FBI that he found out that Beatriz was in Puerto Rico.

But since she wasn't involved in the crimes Dom and the crew committed, she was low on the list. They were barely watching her because she had kept her nose clean. It wasn't until Letty told Brian, if anything happened to her, he had to be the one to tell her. To her face.

It had only been a couple of days since Letty's death, and Brian had decided to watch Beatriz for a couple of days. He watched her go to class, meet up with Keir Byrne and Nikoletta Linne, and go to the bar she worked at. He even watched her race last night - and just like Letty, she was good.

Brian should have known Beatriz would be a great driver, it was in her blood. Letty was fast, Brian watched first hand at Race Wars. It should have been no surprise that Beatriz carried that same gene. He was just surprised how good she was, going up drivers clearly just being cocky, thinking Beatriz couldn't drive.

Brian cleared his throat, revealing his badge to Beatriz. "Agent Brian O'Conner," The name Brian O'Conner sounded familiar to Bea - she'd have to look back at her emails to remind herself. "Are you Beatriz Ortiz?" Bea's heart skipped a beat, turning her head slightly to the living room.

Keir was standing from where he was sitting on the floor.

Beatriz took a deep breath. "I don't go by that name anymore." Beatriz looked at Agent O'Conner. "What can I do for you, Agent O'Conner?" She crossed her arms as Keir approached, concerned about who was at the door.

Brian nodded. "This is about your sister, Letty," Beatriz's face fell. She moved to the side, gesturing her hand to allow Brian into the apartment. "Thank you." Brian entered the apartment, stopping when he saw another person in the apartment.

Beatriz closed the door behind Brian. "Agent O'Conner, this is my fiancé, Keir Byrne." Beatriz knew she couldn't hide her life from Keir any longer, no matter how much she tried. She never intended on staying Lexia Orr for that long, just until she finished university. But plans changed, especially when she got into a relationship with Keir and decided to go for her Master's. Becoming Lexia Orr was never something she wanted, it just happened, and lying seemed like the better option at the time.