thirty-seven

Han's funeral was more painful than Bea expected it to be. Having the team roll up in their custom cars definitely made Han's family question what he was involved in. Keir waited for Beatriz so he could introduce her to Han's family - again, Han's words of "you'll meet my family when I'm dead" rang through her ears when she officially met his mother and father and siblings. Beatriz couldn't explain how she ended up with Han, those things were to be kept secret.

Han made her promise if she ever did meet his parents for any reason, even if it was just running into them in California when they visited family, she was to keep her mouth shut. Han didn't want his parents to find out what he did for a "living" or how he was wanted by the government. Bea kept her word, she just told his parents that they met accidentally in Rio.

It was partly true. They did meet in Rio, but it wasn't by chance.

It was better to keep her answers short and sweet.

It was awkward, something Beatriz couldn't avoid.

She stood in the back with her family, Min Woo included. Min Woo briefly got introduced to the team before heading off to the funeral for Han. Beatriz couldn't be in the front with Han's empty coffin and the large picture of him. It was too hard to say goodbye to Han. Even when Dom said he'd go up with her, she couldn't. It was hard enough, but she couldn't have others stare at her.

Bea wanted to be alone with the coffin once the funeral was over. She wanted to say goodbye alone.

Beatriz did watch Dom put a picture of her and Han next to the large picture of Han. Bea got to see what was at the crash site, Sean handed all that over to Dom after the race. The picture of her and Han really stuck out, mainly because Beatriz didn't know he had a picture of her in his car. It was from their time in Hong Kong (when times were simpler).

"I can't do no more funerals." Roman said.

"First Han," Beatriz's eyes closed. "Now Hobbs is laid up, of all people. We're bein' hunted." Beatriz took a deep breath, opening her eyes. Min Woo looked over at her, to make sure she was doing alright. "You know he's out there somewhere watchin', right?" Tej stated.

"I hope so." Brian said. "Means he's close."

"Just promise me, Brian... no more funerals." Roman said.

"Just one more." Brian commented. "His."

Beatriz played with the ring on her finger, wishing Han at least asked her to marry her before he died. At least she'd have a happy memory before his passing. They just had to fight before Han was killed - she didn't even tell Han she loved him that day, she was mad at him for not quitting like he said he would. Beatriz was giving him the silent treatment for the rest of the day after the practice with Sean.

The tears rolled down Bea's cheeks.

Keir looked over at Beatriz. "It's okay to cry, Bea," Keir whispered.

"I know." Beatriz licked her lips. "I know..." she nodded slowly, allowing herself to accept that Han was dead. It wasn't like Bea didn't like to show her emotions, but standing there, Bea almost felt like she couldn't cry. It was an odd feeling - Bea knew she could cry, but crying in front of Han's family just felt wrong.

"What do we do now?" Min Woo whispered.

"We go after him, Min Woo." Bea answered, sniffling. "Shaw wants us dead for what we did to his brother. He will pick us off one by one if we don't stop him." Bea added.

"Isn't that dangerous to go after him?"

"Yes." Keir nodded. "But you guys have DSS behind you."

Beatriz kept her eyes from rolling. "Everybody but you know how to shoot a gun. If Shaw is in front of any of us, we don't hesitate to shoot." Bea said.