forty-four

"Football's hot! I need to lateral! Rome, where are you?"

"Running back, chargin' in!"

Min Woo glanced at the radio, knowing that if they needed him, he'd be fourth to the play. Beatriz looked up to the sky as Min Woo drove through the streets of Los Angeles. Min Woo wasn't completely used to driving, but he was getting the hang of it. Archer sat in the back, looking at the road and then at Min Woo. "How long have you been driving?"

Min Woo glanced at Beatriz before answering, "Since I was fifteen." Min Woo didn't have the heart to tell her that he didn't have his license at the moment - in Tokyo, the legal driving age was eighteen. Min Woo and all his friends were driving illegally when it came to street racing.

Beatriz heard Brian and Roman going back and forth about where they were sending Ramsey off. It was officially time to play hot potato with Ramsey, something Beatriz actually couldn't wait to see them accomplish. It was a lot to do, trying to get everything done and successfully get God's Eye back. "Keep an eye on the sky, guys. That drone and the helicopter are watching us." Bea said.

"Don't really need the reminder, Triz." Tej said.

"I'm halfway there." Ramsey said.

Beatriz leaned back in the seat, playing with the radio. They waited until they heard Tej say that Brian made it out of the explosion. She sighed with relief, knowing that Brian was safe and Ramsey was with Roman and Tej. Beatriz just wondered how Dom was dealing with Shaw right about now.

Dom purposely broke from the group to deal with Shaw.

Keir had the comm in his ear as he walked through the hospital to visit with Hobbs. He hadn't seen Hobbs since he came back from Tokyo. After Han's funeral, Keir was with Dom and his crew. He wanted to bring Hobbs up to speed on what they knew and what they were doing, but when he got to Hobbs' room, he found him watching a game.

Keir glanced at the television before looking at Hobbs. "Nothing exciting on this late?" Keir asked.

"Don't knock it 'til you try it, Bryne."

"Hi Agent Byrne!"

"Good evening, Samantha. Keeping your father company?" Samantha nodded.

Before Keir could give Hobbs the update, the game was interrupted by a breaking news story coming in. Keir turned his attention to the television, "Breaking news out of Los Angeles tonight. In what can only be described as vehicular warfare, police are engaged in a high-speed pursuit." Keir placed his head into his hand, groaning softly.

"Bea,"

"Yes, Keir?"

"Are you being followed by cops?"

"Oh, how did you know? Min Woo, take the next right and hit the gas."

Keir sighed. "Are you tell the sixteen-year-old who doesn't have his license to outrun the cops?"

"...Maybe?"

"You're only sixteen!"

"There are bigger issues, Archer!" Bea snapped. "Keir, how did you know all that?" Beatriz asked.

Keir sighed again. "Breaking news." Keir looked at the television as it cut out. "Well, Hobbs was watching television." Keir turned his head to the large window in Hobbs' room. He walked over to it, seeing the ball of fire going into the sky. "What the hell's that?"

"Toretto."

"Oh, how'd you guess?" Keir asked. "Bea, looks like I'm gonna be involved after all."

Beatriz grinned, "Welcome to the family, Keir." Beatriz lowered the radio to her lap as Min Woo weaved his way through traffic, taking different alleys to escape the cops that were after them. Archer looked out the back window, trying to see if she could see anyone following them.