twelve

Bea's head was still reeling from what Dom told her last night. She asked him to tell her about what happened to Letty, what really happened. At first, Dom didn't want to talk about it with Beatriz but Bea wouldn't drop it. He gave in and told her everything that happened two years ago, including how Gisele fit into everything. Bea knew some things, but she didn't know everything. Hearing it from Dom's mouth, Beatriz understood why Letty came to her just months before her death.

She was worried she'd never see her sister and wanted to see Bea one last time. Letty got to hear her sister say she loved her and got to see her bright smile.

Beatriz was sitting in one of the police cruisers, holding onto the tool box on her lap. She was helping Roman with fixing up one of the cars. As she sat there, letting her mind just wander, she looked over to the entrance of the warehouse when Mia came walking in. However, she had someone else with her.

"Vince?" Beatriz got up from where she was sitting in the front seat, setting the tool box down. Vince stopped by the car, looking directly at Beatriz.

"Bea?"

A grin appeared on Bea's face as she launched herself at Vince. Vince spun her around, hugging her tightly. Beatriz wasn't aware that Brian was walking quickly over to his girlfriend. As soon as Vince put Bea back down onto her feet, Mia was telling Brian to stop and wait. Beatriz looked over at Brian, seeing the look on his face. "Reyes' guys were waiting for me at the market." Mia looked back at Vince as he approached. "Vince saved my life."

Vince and Brian looked at each other - Bea would have to find out what exactly happened to make Vince and Brian hate each other. "You hungry?" Dom called out, defusing the possible situation. He didn't even look up from the engine like Han did.

Han noticed right away Vince's hand was on Bea's shoulder and Bea hadn't even noticed. He looked down to help Dom with the Charger.

"Yeah, sure." Vince said.

"Good." Dom finally looked up, "'Cause you're saying grace." Beatriz grinned a little differently upon hearing that. She was happy to see that traditions were still being upheld after all these years. Bea kept it up with Nikoletta and Keir, even though they didn't understand why Beatriz was so focused on saying grace every Sunday.

"Thanks, Vince," Brian shook Vince's hand, letting whatever happened previously stay away from the current heist. Vince nodded.

Beatriz was happy to see Vince again, knowing he was still alive and had a life outside of running. It was nice. Beatriz was also happy to hear that Vince found himself a woman to fall in love with, and he had a son. They were able to catch up for a few minutes before Bea was being called to help make some food with Mia.

As Bea was chopping up vegetables for the salad, Mia came out with a sentence that Bea never wanted to hear. "Y'know, I forgot you dated Vince briefly." Beatriz closed her eyes, shaking her head. "What, don't like remembering that time?" Mia smirked.

"I only slept with him. He totally had eyes for you." Beatriz fired back. Mia fell quiet. Bea knew she won that round, a proud smile on her face as she went back to chopping the veggies. Mia dropped the subject instantly, not wanting to talk about the past.

Once Beatriz was finished with helping make some of the food, she walked over to the platform with her bottle of beer. Beatriz sat down on the stairs, looking over at the cars they were going to use for tomorrow's heist. The day was finally here and Bea was starting to get nervous. She would be on the back of Gisele's bike, keeping look out with Gisele and Tej, and would create a fake emergency if they needed more time.

Bea finished off the bottle, looking at the ambered glass.

Tomorrow could either go extremely well or extremely badly. Either Beatriz would be halfway around the world by tomorrow evening or on a plane, in handcuffs, flying back to California and off to jail. There was absolutely no in between.