thirty-three

Bea was working late on her car, working under the hood. The only one keeping her company that evening was Mia. She was at the park with Jack on her day-off. Brian was out racing around with Dom while Letty had the house to herself. The last couple of days for Letty were a lot, remembering more and more and she started to get overwhelmed with her memories returning. Mia decided to take Jack to the park and video chat with Bea for a little bit.

At the moment, Bea wasn't paying much attention to her laptop that was sitting on the cart next to the car. She was more focused on what was going on under the hood. Mia had the phone pointed to Jack, waiting for Bea to realize. After a little bit, Mia realized that Bea wasn't paying attention. "Bea, look at me for a moment,"

"Mia, I'm-" Beatriz tilted her head downward to the computer. Mia had her phone pointed at Jack. He was on the swings while at the park nearby the house. Beatriz watched as Mia pointed the phone down to Jack's shirt. Bea's eyes widened. "Mia! Oh my God!" She gasped.

Bea grabbed her computer, lifting up so Mia could see her face. "You're pregnant?!" Mia flipped the screen back to her, nodding her head eagerly. There was a bright smile on her face. "Holy shit!"

"You are the first person I've told." Mia looked back at Jack. "This is how I'm gonna tell Brian, maybe in a few days." Mia said.

"He's gonna be so excited, Mia. Congratulations!" Beatriz grinned. "God, I wish I could hug you." Bea honestly missed home these days - Han was working for DK a lot more and she was left to her own devices at the garage. She loved the garage, but she wanted to spend time with her boyfriend.

"Soon, Bea! Soon!" Mia smiled.

"Not soon enough." Bea sighed. She sat the computer back down onto the cart. She looked back down into the car. "I haven't even seen Keir in the past couple of days." Bea said.

"The ex is there?" Mia questioned. "And Han's okay with that?"

"No, he hates it. And honestly, I do too." Bea shook her head. "I love Keir, don't get me wrong, but unlike you and Brian coming to visit, he just showed up unexpectedly." Beatriz wasn't going to tell Mia about why Keir was there. "For the guy who said he'd never come to Japan, he's been stayin' a lot time." Bea said.

"I doubt he wants to get back together with you."

"Oh no, that's definitely not happening. I love Han, and Keir knows that. We ended out relationship because we fell out of love. He just surprised us, it wasn't pleasant for any of use." Bea stated.

"Not surprising. You told me how Han and Keir avoided each other a year ago." Mia said. "For the most part."

"Even now, he's avoiding him." Han was avoiding Bea too, but that was another issue that she'd have to address soon. Han was leaving more and more in the middle of the night or throughout the day. Bea tried to tail him once but he realized she was behind him and made sure to lose her. Beatriz stopped trying after that, knowing Han would tell her what was going on in due time.

Mia looked at Bea's face. "Are you okay, Bea? You look upset."

Beatriz sighed. She grabbed the towel that was hanging out of the car window. She wiped her hands before turning back to the computer. "Han's been distant lately. And not in a good way." Bea said.

"Is there ever a good distant?" Mia asked.

"No, I guess not." Bea licked her lips and clicked her tongue. "I don't know, Mia. He's just been acting strange, that's all."

A smile appeared on her face. "Acting strange, you say?" Mia picked Jack up from the swing, placing him on her hip. "Like... keeping something from you on purpose? Maybe he's plannin' something."