Chapter 126

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ D . R K

While Archduke Willard was busy writing a reply to the Headmaster of an Elite academy, a maid suddenly came knocking outside his bedroom.

" Y-Your imperial highness..." Maid (1) says and then Archduke Willard looked at her.

" What is it? " Archduke Willard

" Is there some kind of trouble? "Archduke Willard says and the maid only looked so terrified.

" T-There's a dead body..." Maid (1) says and Archduke Willard raise an eyebrow at the maid.

" A dead... Body? " Archduke Willard says and the maid immediately nodded her head.

" Where is the dead body you have seen? " Vera asked as she was also curious to where the maid saw the dead body.

" I-It... It was under the little lady's bed." Maid (1) says and Archduke Willard then looked at his sleeping daughter on the bed.

" Under my daughter's... Bed? " Archduke Willard says and the maid only nodded her head.

Vera then walked towards to where Althea was sleeping so peacefully on Archduke Willard's bed.

And Vera checked Althea's body if she was injured somewhere but it was a relief that Thea is fine.

" Your imperial highness, I don't see any injuries on the lady." Vera says

" Have you move the body elsewhere? " Archduke Willard says and the maid shame her head.

" We did not, the other maid told me to not touch the dead body unless we report it to you first, your imperial highness." Maid (1) says and Archduke Willard nod his head.

" Tell the others to leave the body alone and call Lucas to take care of it, he knows what to do with it, you may now leave." Archduke Willard says and the maid only nod her head.

" Yes, your imperial highness," Maid (1) says and then immediately left the room.

" Vera, were you not the one who killed... The person under my daughter's bed? " Archduke Willard says and Vera shakes her head no.

" I did not. If I were the one to kill that assassin , I wouldn't leave anything behind the little lady's bedroom. " Vera replied,

" Did no one even noticed that there was an assassin last night? " Archduke Willard

" I apologize your imperial highness, all the maids have gone to their bed at that time. " Vera

" The guards were also guarding every places, especially the lady's bedroom, so I have no idea where and how did an assassin got inside the lady's bedroom and even failed to assassinate the lady." Vera says and Archduke Willard looked at Althea who was sleeping on the bed so peacefully.

" Then will have to ask Thea about it once she's awake. " Archduke Willard says while sitting on the bed next to Althea.

. . .

It was already afternoon, Althea missed eating her breakfast and have just wake up.

" Were you able to have a good sleep, my miss? " Maddie says with a smile on her face while she was hairstyling Thea's hair into a fish tail.

" I did." Althea says with a smile.

" Miss, do you remember what happened last night? " Maddie says while Althea was just looking at her on the mirror.

" Last night? I went to my dad's bedroom but then I met him at the entrance of the mansion." Althea says and Maddie nod her head.

" Were you in a danger last night, my miss? Just asking," Maddie says and Althea smiled ear to ear.