Chapter 3 - Unveiling the Past: Bosworth's Role

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Fern (Point of View):

We've reached Miss Cynthia's Villa. She mentioned heading to her self-proclaimed 'mansion,' and I already know its location from my sister's first novel.

Miss Cynthia resides alone in a grand mansion to the east, accompanied only by her maids and the De Roos Family butler, Mr. Ilarion Bosworth.

I recognize Mr. Bosworth; he's also one of the main characters from the novel 'The Promised Under The Moon.' In the story, he sided up with the male lead, suggesting framing Miss Cynthia for a crime she have never committed.

Mr. Bosworth plays a significant role in the novel; he's the primary reason my beloved Cynthia, the main antagonist, meets her demise. The male lead seeks ways to eliminate her, and Mr. Bosworth sees Miss Cynthia as unworthy and a lady of no merit.

The next reason for my beloved lady's death would be the female lead's reincarnation in the novel, becoming the second cause of my beloved lady Cynthia's demise in the story.

My beloved lady, who devoted her entire life to earning the love of the male lead, will soon face a crumbling of her efforts when the female lead enters the scene.

Although Miss Cynthia is labeled as the villain, the reality is that she's the most misunderstood character.

No one would sympathize with her; her sole desire was to win the affection of the male lead, but the arrival of the reincarnated female lead dashed her hopes and extinguished the light in her life.

The female lead constantly teased my beloved lady, and eventually, she succumbed to the taunts. This is why Miss Cynthia appears as the story's villainess; it's how she was portrayed in the novel, designed to be the antagonist for both the male and female leads.

In the novel, Miss Cynthia was originally a clever woman, but she became blinded by love, losing her true goodness.

Despite this, Miss Cynthia possessed the potential to be one of the most influential women in society, showcasing her talent.

But... she couldn't escape the traps set by the female and male leads.

Since Miss Cynthia was assigned the role of the villainess, she always appears to be the one at fault.

This is why even the grand duke, Miss Cynthia's father, views his only daughter as a disgrace to the De Roos Family.

When the female lead appeared, my beloved lady's father, the grand duke, he showered the female lead with affection, which made Miss Cynthia jealous. The situation worsened afterward.

The grand duke loved and regarded the female lead as his daughter, leaving Miss Cynthia isolated and unloved by everyone.

These circumstances pushed Miss Cynthia to embrace the role of the villainess in their lives because she believed it was what everyone wanted her to become.

But now that God brought me here, and I'm alongside Miss Cynthia, I'll do everything to prevent those things from happening to her.

I want to transform Miss Cynthia into a respected lady in society, someone they won't be able to look down on anymore!

"Come, we're here. I hope you find this place as your temporary home," she said with a charming smile.

"Thank you, Miss Pretty Lady," I replied with a smile, and she smiled back. Finally, Mr. Bosworth, the butler, appeared at the mansion's main entrance.

"Good evening, my lady," Mr. Bosworth greeted Miss Cynthia, then turned his attention to me.

(Mr. Bosworth... you'll be my first target today.)

(I'll make you part of Miss Cynthia's people.)

(But first, I need to win you over.)

(Now, what steps should I take?)

"Bosworth, this is a child I found on the street. Show her to a room and instruct the maids to give her a bath," Miss Cynthia directed, and Bosworth nodded, then turned his gaze toward me.

"My lady, we received a letter from Prince Lucien a few hours ago," the maid with light brown hair informed, presenting the letter to Miss Cynthia.

"Oh? I'll read that later. Put it on the table in my room," Miss Cynthia responded. The maid nodded, and Miss Cynthia then turned to me.

"Let's have our discussion tomorrow morning. I need a good rest tonight, and so do you, child," Miss Cynthia said, and I nodded with a smile.

(I already know what that foolish prince wrote in the letter.)

(He probably made excuses about being too busy to meet Miss Cynthia, which will surely upset her.)

(That prince keeps avoiding Miss Cynthia; he could have just been honest about his lack of interest.)

(But I understand it won't work, considering Miss Cynthia is head over heels for Prince Lucien. I must have reincarnated at a time when Miss Cynthia is currently engaged to the prince. Probably.)

(I need to find a way to break that engagement, and the next step is... figuring out today's date.)

(I know the female lead hasn't arrived in the empire yet, so the worst-case scenario hasn't unfolded. The female lead hasn't made her appearance.)

I need to train Miss Cynthia well before the female lead shows up.

I'm serious about this! I'll do whatever it takes to help Miss Cynthia forget her feelings and get people like Mr. Bosworth on my side.

"Come with me; I'll show you to your room," Mr. Bosworth said, and I nodded, playing along.

(Mr. Bosworth, just wait; you'll be on my side soon.)

But I have to find a way to win him over, and it might be tricky since the novel didn't tell me much about him.

I'll do whatever it takes for the opportunity to change the destiny of my favorite lady and save her!

...