Chapter 36 - Guardians' Tales

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody (POV)

(Am I really going to be friends with the Enchantress's daughter?)

(Or should I just leave it?)

(No, I'm going to find her anyway, she must become my friend.)

After sorting through my thoughts, I addressed the two male guardians of the Black Lagoon Forest standing before me.

"I told you, she looks exactly like the Queen," the first male guardian remarked.

"What? I didn't say she didn't resemble our Queen," the second male guardian countered.

"I just meant she's a tiny but pretty creature, like look at this little human," the second male guardian clarified, both of them then turning to gaze at me. I responded with a smile.

(Am I really pretty?)

"See? She's really tiny," the second male guardian remarked.

"I don't know, maybe she's not human but a little dwarf?" suggested the first male guardian.

"What? Well, I have seen dwarfs before, and they are indeed small in height," the second male guardian responded, while I listened to their conversation.

(Are they not going to let me through?)

(I have important business to attend to right now, but these guardians are just so entertaining to watch.)

"Maybe she's from the dwarf race?" suggested the first male guardian.

(I'm not a dwarf! And I'm not tiny either!)

(My height is perfectly normal! What are these chatty guardians going on about?!)

(They're just tall, that's why I seem tiny from their perspective.)

"She's so tiny and adorable, have you ever seen a white rabbit before?" the first male guardian asked, smiling and addressing the second male guardian of the forest.

"Yeah, I've seen one before," the second male guardian replied.

"Exactly! She looks like a rabbit in some ways," the first male guardian continued, as I crossed my arms in front of them, my eyebrows furrowed.

(Look at these guardians. First, they're saying I resemble their Queen and that I'm short, even suggesting I look like a dwarf.)

(And now? I've turned into a rabbit! What's next?! Are they going to claim I resemble a white snake too?!)

"Aww, look at her face, she's so cute," the first male guardian remarked, while I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"If everyone in the human race and other races outside looked as cute as this little creature here, everything would be much better," he continued, as I let out a sigh.

"Just imagine seeing lots of adorable bunnies everywhere. It would all be joy and happiness, with no destruction or harm," he mused, while I watched them.

"Um... Handsome guardians, may I enter the forest? I'd like to meet the mighty dragon Keilbuss," I requested, as both of them turned to me with serious expressions.

"The dragon?" the first male guardian questioned.

"The tiny creature is referring to the almighty dragon, protector of the Land and Sky, who was born and raised here by our Queen," the second male guardian explained.

(The Queen raised the mighty dragon???)

(Here comes another piece of information not mentioned in the novel.)

(What's really happening?! All I know is that the dragon, capable of wiping out an entire country, resides at the top of Silver Peak Mountain inside a cave.)

(It's where the mighty dragon Keilbuss becomes a companion to the female lead in this novel.)

"Oh, yes, anyone can enter the forest, but there are things the little creature should know," the first male guardian explained.

"Once you cross the border, you'll feel like you're running out of breath, your head will feel like it's going to burst," he continued.

"And along with that, the little creature will feel like walking in an empty space without knowing where to go, and before the little creature even realizes it..." the second male guardian added.

"All your senses will no longer be there and you will be immediately devoured by us if you cannot withstand the power of this forest," the first male guardian warned.

"That was the Queen's way of preventing intruders from bringing more destruction to this land, and many strong arch mages have underestimated this place, only to fail," the second male guardian explained.

"I remember sixty years ago, there was a seventh-class arch mage. His mana energy was flowing through his body-it was amazing," the first male guardian reminisced.

"And? What happened to the seventh-class arch mage? He's a seventh class, so I'm sure he's powerful," I inquired.

"Oh, the little creature should have seen how easily the Queen of this forest defeated the seventh-class arch mage," the first male guardian replied, and they both started laughing.

(Wow... And they seem so proud of their Queen.)

"He dared to challenge the Queen by harming us, which made the Queen very angry since one of the children in this forest was accidentally hit by his magic," the second male guardian explained.

"The seventh-class arch mage accidentally killed a living being in this forest??? And it's a child???" I exclaimed, looking completely surprised.

(I mean, who wouldn't be?)

(It's a child! Just like me!)

(So, I sort of understand why the Queen got angry.)

"Yeah, that arch mage deserved it anyway," the first male guardian agreed.

"He was flaunting and being arrogant in front of us. He even dared to challenge us, but of course, we didn't want to fight back since the Queen forbade us from making a scene with humankind," the second male guardian added.

"And when he wanted to see our Queen and we refused to obey his command, he got angry at us and wanted to fight us. Not long after, the seventh-class arch mage did what he did to the child," the first male guardian continued.

"When the Queen arrived and saw what had happened, she was very angry at the seventh-class arch mage," the second male guardian recounted.

"We have never seen our dear Queen so angry at all. It was a first for us; she has always been all smiles and flowers," the first male guardian added.

"But that day was truly unbelievable and amazing! A life for a life, and with a single swing of the Queen's hand, that seventh-class arch mage kneeled in front of the Queen and died begging for his life," the second male guardian continued, both of them looking proud.

"Wow..." I exclaimed, and both of them nodded in agreement.

"And what happened to the child???" I asked.

"The Queen didn't want to bury the child, so instead she turned the child and gave it a new life," the first male guardian explained.

"A new life??? Like what?" I inquired.

"You see that little treant over there? Still small, but when it finally becomes an adult, it will wake up," the first male guardian explained.

(An Enchantress has 'that' type of ability? How come it wasn't written on the internet before as information???)
.
.
.
.🦋