Chapter 42 - Secrets and Tears

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody (POV)

"I-I can walk, really," I insisted as Mr. Bosworth carried me.

"My lady, there are things you should explain when we arrive. I'm sure her grace will be happy to see you, but..." Mr. Bosworth trailed off.

"She'll be very angry if I mention that you went to the Black Lagoon Forest," he finished.

"Then let's keep it between us, don't mention it to her," I suggested with a smile.

"Speaking of secrets, I have a question for you," Mr. Bosworth said, making me nervous.

(Why am I feeling nervous? What could he want to ask?)

"Okay, go ahead and ask," I replied, trying to remain calm.

"Are you hiding something from me and her grace, my lady? It would be better if you came clean," Mr. Bosworth said, making my heart race.

(Does he suspect I'm from another world too?)

(Is Mr. Bosworth going to be angry with me?)

"Like what? I'm not sure what you mean, Mr. Bosworth," I stammered.

"I see. Are you still not ready to tell the truth?" Mr. Bosworth's words made my heart race even faster.

(Is Mr. Bosworth onto something? Did he figure it out?)

"If you don't tell me the truth now, I'll have to inform her grace about what I've discovered," Mr. Bosworth warned.

"I-I don't understand what you're saying, Mr. Bosworth," I replied, feeling flustered.

(Should I confess that I'm from another world? What if Mr. Bosworth is talking about something else?)

" My lady, are you really not gonna tell me? " Mr. Bosworth says as he looked at me.

( Why are we even running so fast???! )

( My hair is gonna be in a mess! )

" I really don't know what Mr. Bosworth is talking about right now." I said as Mr. Bosworth nodded his head.

" Alright, suit yourself, my lady." Mr. Bosworth says as he went quiet for good.

( What's wrong??? Why's he not telling me what he know about me??? )

"After a few hours, we arrived in front of the villa. I had estimated it would take me at least two days to return home, but being carried by Mr. Bosworth had shortened the journey to just a few hours.

(Amazing! Or maybe I'm just dense?)

"You can go inside first, my lady," Mr. Bosworth said. I looked at him in surprise.

"You're not coming with me?" I asked, but Mr. Bosworth only gave me a cold stare in response.

"I have to get back and report to the grand duke," Mr. Bosworth said.

"The grand duke..." I mumbled, pondering for a moment before looking back at Mr. Bosworth.

"When... When I have a lot of money and become well-known, will you come with me, Mr. Bosworth?" I asked.

"Pardon, my lady?" Mr. Bosworth replied, looking puzzled.

(I mean, he works under Grand Duke Luk Van De Roos.)

(It might not be appropriate to ask, but I really want Mr. Bosworth by my side.)

(But if he can't be by my side, I'll have to accept it.)

(It can't be helped.)

(In the original novel, Mr. Bosworth fell in love with the female lead, and since he could manipulate events from behind the scenes, he framed my favorite lady for a crime she didn't commit.)

(And then she was sentenced to a public execution. Mr. Bosworth was one of the reasons why my lady died in the original novel... but I won't let that happen since I'm here.)

"Why are you crying, my lady?" Mr. Bosworth asked as I hugged him tightly.

"When I become wealthy and well-known across every country, I would like to ask you to come with me, Mr. Bosworth," I said.

"Well then, I look forward to that day, my lady," Mr. Bosworth replied.

"But I think you should stop crying now, my lady. You're going to ruin your pretty face," Mr. Bosworth said, and I smiled through my tears.

"Okay, I'm fine now," I said, wiping away my tears.

"You can go and see the Grand Duke," I added, and Mr. Bosworth smiled in response.

"Then, please go inside first, my lady," he said, and I nodded before waving my hand to him and hurrying inside the mansion.

(Here goes nothing.)

Opening the door to the main entrance, I found myself facing a crowd of people.
.
.
.
.🦋