Chapter 41 - Saving Mr. Bosworth

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody (POV)

"Well? How was it?" the beastman asks, and I smile back at him.

"It went well, thank you," I reply, returning the smile as they nod in understanding.

"But I need to go now," I add, and they all nod in agreement.

"Hope you can come and visit us again," the woman says, her voice warm with sincerity, and I nod in response.

"Sure! I'd like to come again. This place is really beautiful," I say, and they all smile at the compliment.

"Right? This place is indeed beautiful!" the woman agrees enthusiastically.

"Come again next time, we'll let you see our treehouse," one of the little ones chirps, their adorable faces beaming with excitement.

"Dad made it for us to play inside," the second one adds, and I nod in appreciation.

"Okay, I'll try to make some time, but I have to go," I say, waving my hand to them as I prepare to leave.

"See you again, young lady," the beastman says warmly, and I wave my hand to him too.

"Come with us, Your Highness," one of the male guardians suggests, but I choose to ignore the title.

(I'm so glad nothing happened to me when I stepped inside this place.)

(I really thought I was going to be blind for real.)

(But I guess I did it without being injured, right?)

(This place is a real mystery to me.)

"Here it is. You can go now," the second male guardian says, and I nod my head in understanding. Stepping outside of the border, everything returns to how the forest looks from the outside.

(Gloomy again.)

I turn around to see the two guardians still smiling genuinely at me.

(I thought they were scary, but I guess not?)

"Thank you," I say with a smile.

"It is our pleasure to meet Her Highness again," they both say warmly, and I smile back at them.

(Do I really look like a princess to them?)

(I mean, that's very nice of them to call me 'Your Highness' when I'm not from a royal family.)

(But maybe that's just how they greet someone...)

"Right, I'll come to see you all again, maybe next time," I say as both of them nod their heads.

"Oh, is it just me or is it morning already? I felt like everything just happened for like an hour," I mention, and both of them smile knowingly.

"Time is magic in here, Your Highness," the second male guardian explains cryptically.

(Time is what???)

"Master! I told you..." I hear a voice from a distance, and I turn around to see what looks like a flying dark smoke thing.

(What is that flying dark smoke thing???)

(I can see it very clearly since it is already morning.)

"Master, why are we even here?" the smoke thingy says.

(What...is that?)

(And that person looks very familiar.)

"Hold on...is that—" I begin to say, but I'm interrupted by a familiar voice.