Chapter 20 - A Stir of Emotions

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Ilarion Bosworth (POV)

Upon entering the small lady's room, my eyes were quickly drawn to her lying on the floor.

"Hello, Mr. Bosworth!" she cheerfully greeted, a radiant smile gracing her face.

"My lady, why are you down there?" I questioned, staring at her with curiosity.

"Just doing my thing, Mr. Bosworth," she casually replied, and I couldn't help but observe her with intrigue.

"My lady," I softly uttered

"You've got options, a comfy bed to lay on, a nice sofa to sit on, and a chair right there beside you." I said

"But why pick the chilly floor? It's not good for your health. Please, rise up," I urged, my face revealing no emotion, while she responded by raising her small arm in the air.

"Oh, Mr. Bosworth, I'm stuck," she said.

"My lady, is there something wrong with your body that's keeping you from moving?" I asked, getting closer.

"Nope, Mr. Bosworth, I'm absolutely fine," she reassured, leading to a questioning look from me.

"Tell me why you can't stand up, my lady," I asked, and she met my gaze with a smile.

"The ceiling's too high, Mr. Bosworth. I just can't stand up," the little lady replied, leaving me puzzled about the connection.

"What do you mean, my lady?" I asked, still trying to make sense of her statement.

"My body feels all wobbly, like jelly, and I'm just too lazy," the little lady shared while I observed her on the floor.

"My lady, you really should get up now. It's not proper for someone like you to be lounging on this cold floor," I urged, concerned. She responded by lifting her tiny arms in the air and giving me a playful stare.

"Oh, I can't rise up unless Mr. Bosworth carries me in his arms," the little lady declared, leaving me raising an eyebrow in surprise.

"Pardon me, my lady?" I asked.

"I want Mr. Bosworth to carry me on his arm. Can you, Mr. Bosworth? Pretty please?" the little lady pleaded. I promptly knelt down, lifted her onto my arm.

"Oh, wow!"

"Thank you, Mr. Bosworth!" she expressed with a beaming smile.

"Does the lady enjoy being carried like this?" I asked, and she responded with a sweet smile.

"Um... Mmaaaybeee??? ((ૢ(⁎❝ົཽω❝ົཽ⁎)✧," the little lady replied, her answer shrouded in playful uncertainty. I gently placed her on her bed.

"By the way, Mr. Bosworth," she continued, "that thing you applied on my face last night... what was that? When I woke up this morning, I was already healed." I stared at her, my face revealing no expression.

"I can't spill the beans on where or how I got it, my lady, but it doesn't miraculously heal your burn. It just takes the edge off the pain and itchiness," I shared, and she nodded in understanding.

"Well, that's weird. If it wasn't the stuff you put on my face, how did my burn vanish?" pondered the little lady.

"I reckon the lady needn't fuss about how the burn vanished. The key is that you're doing well now," I reassured with a comforting tone.

"If you ever sense anything strange in your body, my lady, do inform me right away. We can summon a doctor to examine your condition," I advised, and she nodded in agreement.