Chapter 48 - Contract with the dress maker

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody (POV)

Once again, I've snuck out. ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

I really don't seem to learn my lesson, do I? (◍•ᴗ•◍)

I turned the doorknob and entered the old shop, the chime tinkling as I stepped inside.

" Hello? Is anyone here? " I called out, scanning the room.

I'm skilled at drawing and designing dresses, but I lack the ability to bring them to life.

That's why I'm here, to form a contract with someone whose talents will bring them fame.

Their creations will be renowned across countries, the nobles will be wearing all his designs in the future.

This man has endured a difficult life, born into poverty, yet his talent for crafting dresses for both men and women has propelled him to fame.

Despite his success, he remains humble and kind.

"A customer? Or perhaps a young lady?" he asks, noticing my presence, and I respond with a smile.

"Good day, handsome sir," I greeted him warmly, a smile gracing my lips.

"Hmm, a noble little lady, are you lost?" he questioned, his brow furrowing slightly.

"I'm perfectly in the right place, handsome sir. I'm not lost at all," I assured him, noticing his raised eyebrows.

"Then may I know what this little lady is doing here in this old shop of mine? There's nothing you can buy in here," he remarked, prompting me to smile.

"Oh, I want you to make dresses for my beloved mother," I explained, my smile growing wider.

"The lady wants to make dresses?" he repeated, seemingly surprised, as I nodded.

"I'm sorry, young lady, but I may have to refuse," he said, but I quickly revealed my money as a form of persuasion.

"I'm sorry, miss, but you can't buy me with money. If you don't have anything else, please go," he said, starting to turn away. But I stopped him.

"Please, I just want a nice dress for my mom," I begged, reaching out.

He sighed, turning back to face me. "You can ask someone else, miss. Please leave if you don't have other business here," he said kindly.

(Well, it seems I can't make him to do it with just money...)

"I believe that if you make my mother's dress, your talent will become known throughout the empire," I asserted. He raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"And what makes you think that?" he questioned.

"I have a good sense for these things," I replied confidently.

"Trust me, when I see a talent like yours, I can tell that you'll be walking in a path of gold and people will see you in a new light, and I know I'm in the right place." I said with a smile.

"The dresses and men's clothes you make will become famous, worn by everyone, and your name will be known everywhere," I declared, watching his reaction.

"This shop?" I glanced around, smiling. "It may seem shabby now, but in the future, it will blossom into something beyond your imagination."

"Please, if you kindly accept this, I believe everything I've said will come true," I said, handing him the designs I'd drawn.

"You...made this?" he asked, surprised. I smiled in response.

"Yes, but I still need to improve. If there's anything that needs to be changed in the gown, please feel free to make adjustments," I said, smiling.