024

105 AC

The silver haired girl felt dizzy even though she lay perfectly still. Her hands were trembling and warm with the red blood as she clutched at the wound on her side.

Valera kept her eyes fixated on Daemons. She could see the panic that lay underneath the violet gems and she swore she could feel his hand trembling as it brushed tears from her face.

The Targaryen Prince couldn't tell how deep the laceration was but the wound was at least two to three inches long. What he did know is that Valera needed stitches and need them fast. Daemon placed his own hands on top of the girls gushing wound in hopes to help slow her bleeding. The throbbing of her blood gushing as well as her heart beat made the prince uneasy and his stomach felt like turning.

Prince Daemon had seen much more gruesome sights in his life before but having his niece be the wounded and feeling her thick blood coat his hands was something her never wished to experience again.

Shouting erupted between the two siblings as Valera Targaryen lay limp on the stone walk way, "what did you use?!" Qoren Martell shouted. The man had both hands on his sisters shoulders as he lightly shook her body.

The Princess shook her head, tears threatening to spill from her own eyes as they were fixated on her injuried friend and the man she aimed to hurt. A sob left Ariannas mouth and she looked away from the two Targaryens, eyes cast to her feet.

The Martel Princess used multiple types of poisons depending on which blade she was going to use and that day she had picked one of her most lethal in preparation for the visit they were to take in to town later that day.

Ariannas next words came out as a whisper as she didn't want to admit them, "nightshade."

Daemons sharp stare snapped up to the amber eyed girl Valera had become so fond of in the past months and he wished nothing but to make her suffer for injuring his lover; the only thing stopping him from feeding her to Caraxes was Valera pleading with him not to hurt them.

That, and knowing they are the only ones who could possibly save her.

Daemon had only ever heard of nightshade before and the fact that it was extremely deadly. It was supposed to be a fairly fast acting substance when consumed, he could only imagine it was faster being introduced directly into the blood.

"Where is your maester!" Daemon shouted over to the siblings as Qoren began spewing curses in response to Ariannas answer.

The lightly armed guards surrounding the bloody scene had turned their attention to the silver sheilded men that began invading their palace. The clashing of metal and men grunting began to fill the air once more, stifling the cries of Valera Targaryen.

Both dragons spewed fire into the air as the fighting began once more, Silverwing in anger and Caraxes in excitement.

Arianna broke free of her brothers hold and ran to kneel next to Valera. Her eyes were glazed over with an empty look and her eyelids began to fall due to both blood loss and the poison as it took effect.

"V, I'm so sorry," Arianna cried as she came to Valeras side. She took one of her hands into her own and brushed a piece of hair away from her face. Valera gave her friend a small, understanding smile; communicating to her that she didn't fault her.