043

107 AC
Essos

"Are you sure child will not remember..." the tan woman wondered nervously as she cradle the fussing babe, caressing his silver-blonde hair.

"He will not." The golden haired man assured as he finished setting the final crate of gold on to the creaking wooden floor.

109 AC
The Stepstones

Valera stared out at the smoking beach before her, her eyes falling on the bodies that decorated the bloodied sand. The girl sighed and looked back down at her book, reminiscing about the luscious greenery that she left back in Dorne.

Upon arrival, two years prior, Valera begged to aid the Prince in his efforts, hoping the strength of another dragon would quicken the war but Prince Daemon forbid her.

"It is too dangerous," Daemon insisted. Valera attempted to continue arguing only to be cut off by an eruption from the Prince, "I will not have you on the battlefield!! You are too important!!"

Instead, the Princess spent her time watching from a cliff near camp that overlook the battlefield, careful to keep her eye on Daemon as he fought. Valera enjoyed watching SeaSmoke and Caraxes swoop down with their riders atop them, engulfing the beach in red and blue dragon fire that left men screaming for mercy into the night. Valera also took to aiding the injured soldiers back to health. Aiding the injured men allowed Valera to master the art of healing herbs and medicinal remedies, which she had learned much of from Qoren Martell. In serious, rare cases, Daemon would allow Valera to practice magic on the critically wounded in hopes of healing them.

There was one boy, close to Valeras age, if not younger, who was caught by the crab feeder and tortured for days on end in hopes of gaining information. When finished with him, he was staked to the sand for the crabs to feed upon. Daemon rescued the boy on one of his many missions and when Valera first began treating him, he was on the brink of death. His skin was peeling away from the bone and his hands were beginning to rot where his fingers had gone missing. The blond boy ached and cried in pain all throughout the night, unable to even open his eyes he was so weak. Valera ended up amputating one of his hands with the help of Corlys Valeryon before treating him with spells from Asshai. After a fortnight, the young man was lucid again and even able to feed himself once more. He had a long way to go for full recovery, but Valera was hopeful.

Over the past years, Valera slowly began to understand the powers she possessed; with the help from Qoren, in the form of letters that were all read by Prince Daemon before being passed off. If Valera focused very hard, she could conjure massive waves to crash into the beach and flood out the caves, which then allowed Caraxes and SeaSmoke to fly above and light the Triarchy ablaze. Quickly, Valera was able to master this trick but it took a lot out of her, physically. The first time Valera did this, she fainted from the amount of energy it stole from her, which she learned was one thing the choker helped her with. The stone it held, possessed a magical property unlike any other, amplifying Valeras magic ten fold. At one point, Valera was able to conjure lighting out of thin air, striking down a heard of men who rushed at the Valeryon fleet, killing them all instantly.

Upon realizing the true ability and strength she possessed, Valera would experiment more and more with what she was able to do, pushing the limits time and time again. Valera no longer strictly practiced healing or elemental magic, now also working on her powers of divination, alchemy, and shadow binding. But she especially focused on location magic, hoping to be able to find her missing babe.