My cat's second home

Start from the beginning

"Why?"

"He likes naps," he said. "And wherever he is, that's where your cat is," he added.

I nodded.

We split up and I didn't really do my best in looking for the guy. Sky Anderson... he's a rich kid with no siblings. He's the same age as West, has red hair and black eyes. Yes he's hot too, but he's also a big jerk. He was the first kid I ever talked to when I first came here. And picking him was a big mistake. I have only said three words and he said, "Don't talk to me ugly." My three words were only "Hi, I'm Naomi." So why'd he have to be so mean?

Ever since then whenever he came to play with West he'd see me at my window and make faces at me. There was also this one time when I accidentally ran into him when I was taking a walk. I was fourteen years old and he was fifteen. I kept my cool and walked past him, but he had the nerve to TRIP me! Of all the childish....!!!

I almost fell. Almost. I turned to glare at him but he was just looking at me with an annoyed expression. I glared at him and said, "Jerk!" before turning around to walk away. I just heard him chuckle humorlessly.

When I opened a door randomly, I heard silent snoring. I froze and saw a guy with red hair, wearing nothing but his boxers and sleeping on the huge bed with a ball of whit fur on his stomach.

WHISKY!!! I wanted to yell. But my cat was asleep and I really didn't want to wake him up. I nervously and silently walked in the room. When I was now standing over him, my heart pounded nervously as I slowly reached for my cat. When I touched her, her eyes opened and she meow-ed at me like that was some kind of friendly greeting. I mouthed her name and she meow-ed loudly. It caused Sky to groan and his hand grabbed me while Whisky jumped to the carpet.

 He groaned like he was expecting Whisky to purr. I panicked and I stupidly said, "Meow..." My face was burning red while it was pressed to Sky's chest. I could hear the steady beat of his heart while I compared it to mine which was running wild in my chest. I took a deep breath to calm myself down. I slowly removed his right arm which was in my hair and stiffened when he squirmed and changed position. Please don't wake up...Please don't wake up.... I kept praying in my head.

I mean what if he wakes up? What do I do then? Punch him? Kick him? I really don't wanna deal with him...

I looked up to his peaceful face. He looks nice without his sour expression on. But I really would love it if I was in this kind of situation with West. I mentally sighed dreamily. If it was with West, I'd wrap my arms around him and stay in this kind of position as long as possible.

I successfully removed his hands now... I carefully started to slip away from him, but then West came in and ruined everything. He opened the door an loudly said, "Oh, you found him."

Sky's eyes popped open at the sound of his voice and then he saw me. I jerked away from him, I grabbed Whisky and tried to make a run for it.

West just let me pass him as I hurried while I heard Sky say, "What the hell is she doing here?" He was hurrying to put on some clothes. West sighed and closed the door, "Why was she on top of you?" he asked.

"How the hell should I know?" he snapped.

"Well, you scared her. Now we have to look for her around the house. Did you know that she screamed when she realized where I was taking her? Why is she so afraid of you?" he asked.

"She's not scared of me. She just hates me," Sky said.

"And why is that?" West asked. Sky groaned, "Long story. Now let's go find that girl, I need to explain about the cat."

"Don't worry, she hasn't left the house yet, I ordered your people to lock all exits including windows," West grinned.

West's p.o.v.

I never knew being with that girl could be so much fun. I mean she's like an open book where you don't have to guess what she's thinking because it's written all over her face. Like when I lied about her being creepy, she was totally shot down. I had a hard time keeping a straight face while my lips kept twitching with laughter.

Me and Sky split up, and now I was in the living room. It's already been fifteen minutes since she disappeared. And I was beginning to worry.

But then I heard her cat. "Meow," she said then hurried off somewhere, and I followed. The cat walked to the back of the couch. There sat a girl sound asleep with her head resting on the back of the couch. I sighed, "So there you are." I bent down and took off her bonnet. There was no more purple color, the bruise was vanishing. "Naomi," I whispered. She just smiled dreamily but didn't wake up. I chuckled, "Why do you like me so much?" I asked. She just continued smiling.

I sighed and decided to shake her awake, but that only resulted to me messing her hair up. I scooped her up and began walking towards Sky's room to tell him I'll bring her back tomorrow and I need to get her back home. Her cat stayed behind.

On the way to her house, Naomi said my name five times. I really don't get why she likes me so much... I mean what's so great about me anyway? I just think I'm ordinary and I'm not really that good with girls. Okay well, a couple of my friends at school did tell me that some girls were crushin' on me but I didn't really think much about it.

I was carrying Naomi on my back. And I think I heard her giggle. I wondered since she's so honest with me, could she be one of those people who tell the truth when their asleep?

"Naomi do you hate Sky?" I asked.

"Yes..." she whispered. I blinked. Whoa... let's try it again.

"Do you like me?" I asked.

"Yes," she breathed and she snuggled her head on my back, my heart reacted weirdly but I didn't pay attention to it.

"Do you think the twins are annoying?"

"Uh-huh."

"But do you think their attractive?"

"Yes..."

"Have you ever been kissed?"

"No..."

"Oh, well have you ever held hands with someone?"

"Yes..."

"With whom?"

"You."

I chuckled, but I bet if she were awake, she would still tell me all of this. "Besides me who else?"

"Nobody..."

I don't know why I was smiling the whole time I was carrying her. I stopped asking her questions because I felt like it was unfair. While I was carrying her, she wrapped her arms around my neck... and then she planted a kiss on it... I was so surprised that I nearly tripped. I knew my face was entirely red and I was about to ask her why she did that when she murmured, "Whisky... so fluffy..."

When I reached her house, her auntie wasn't the least bit surprised about her niece being carried by me. She sighed, "Her room is upstairs on the left. Well you probably already know."

I nodded and went to her room. Her room was big. Her bed was there by the wall, a round carpet on the floor, a flatscreen was on the wall across from her bed, a desk and her laptop was near the window... the window... I laid her down on her bed. She murmured something incomprehensible in her sleep.

I went to her window and saw what a clear view she had of our house. I could see mom playing with Ty. When Naomi ran I sent Ty home and went after her, glad to see that mom took his disappearance lightly though I'm sure she knew where that little devil went.

"No! I'll save you!"

I whirled around in surprise and saw Naomi flailing her arms on the bed.

I went to her side, "Naomi calm down... hey it's okay---"

And she hit me...