Oops... I said that? [Kaveh x Alhaitham]

Kaveh POV: 

The door of the tavern swings open as I step in, today was horrible. These new clients are driving me up the wall and Alhaitham wouldn't stop buying these ugly pieces of furniture, like... what is the point of a boring wood carving anyway? I sit at the table and order a few glasses of strong red wine and vodka, I need something to distract myself. I feel my mind blur over after a few glasses, mm... more... I chug down a few more glasses until I see a blurry green and black figure walking towards me, I squint... who IS that? Oh, it's one of the scholars, but why was he wearing headphones? Eh, whatever. "Kaveh...you're such a mess..." I looked up and tried to focus on his face, but couldn't quite make out who it was.  "Huh...? Sit downnn... I need to venttt..." I slur a bit in my speech. I watch the figure hesitantly sit down next to me. I bang the glass on the table and sigh, "Listen... today was SO annoying I could punch the wall, these new clients were being such brain-dead bimbos, the instructions were so clear!! Then there's my roommate, the guy won't stop purchasing these ugly pieces of furniture, like...how is a stupid piece of wood going to make the house look better? He could of went with me, especially considering the fact he KNOWS I'm the head architect! But... I can't really get mad because he's soooo adorableeee... with those heart stealing eyes and that godly body figure... ahmm... I'm a hopeless romantic, hm?" My eyes flicker over to him, he seemed taken aback. "Mmm... never mind... just don't tell Alhaitham okay?" I briefly hug him before standing up and leaving. 

When I return home, it was already 10PM only a few merchants here and there, the kids were all tucked up fast asleep in bed. I fumble in my pockets for my key, ugh...where is it? My hand slides across something metal, I pull it out...the key! I'm surprised I actually have it, I unlock the door and kick my shoes off messily across the front hallway, I shut the door behind me and collapse on the couch like a starfish. The next morning I stretch and yawn, mm... my back hurts and why am I sleeping on the couch? I stagger into the kitchen, "Morning..." I say tiredly to Alhaitham as he's making breakfast, "...Hey" he said in an emotionless tone, huh...why was he acting so weird? I sit down at the table, "did I do something wrong?" I ask while twirling a strand of my blonde hair between my fingers, a faint blush seeps over his cheeks. "Ah...no" he says and places a plate of pancakes and eggs on the table. "Funny thing... I remember I was in the tavern then I suddenly wake up and I ended up on the couch, did you-" I was cut off by him coughing "No, but I could tell you what you did" his tone was firm and cold, a slight sweat banded my forehead. "So... you basically complained about your clients, then you said how ugly my choice of furniture is, then..." he blushes a little, "you described how attractive I am, and even said to not tell me, is that true?" he glances at me sideways smirking to himself. Huh?! My mind explodes with a million questions, did I really just say all those things out loud in public in the tavern? A rich red blush dances over my cheeks, "I'm guessing that's a yes then..." he says noticing my blush. "S-Shut the hell up..." I say covering my face with my hands. "There's no need to be embarrassed because... I think you're pretty cute yourself, very... babygirl, you know?" he makes awkward hand gestures with his hands.  My heart pounds in my chest rapidly, I slowly walk closer to him... "may-may I...?" he nods, I hug him tight...so tight I could feel his blood pressure against my body,  I bury my lips into his neck and place gentle kisses. "Heh... so you really love me that much?" he says softly into my hair, "Isn't it obvious..." I say quietly. He tilts my chin up so that I'm looking directly at him, "babygirl..." he says in a soft and low voice before bringing his lips close to my cheek. His warm breath tickles my skin before he says "I've always wondered what your lips taste like..." , he kisses me...hard. His lips firmly locked on mine, I wrap my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss, "Mmh..." I let out a few quiet moans as the kiss intensifies. 

He suddenly bites my bottom lip and my eyes widen in surprise, "Ah?!" he takes this opportunity to slide his tongue in, our tongues dance and swirl as our saliva is exchanged, he arouses me by sliding his in and out of my mouth... both our breathing became quite ragged and loud, we were both so desperate for one another. That moment was abruptly interrupted by a muffled voice saying "Aaaaand... they were roommates" we both freeze and notice the direction of the voice came from outside the front door. I quickly wipe the saliva off my lips and tidy my hair before opening the door, "Ah... Tighnari and Cyno! Heyyy~" they both look at me with smirks on their faces, "We were just here to drop of some padisarah and viparyas we picked earlier today... but seems like we came at an inconvenient time... were you two having a 'fight' of some sort?" Tighnari says smugly while handing me a basket full of flowers. I eyeball him, "N-No... we were just-" Alhaitham comes up from behind and hugs me, he pushes my body into him as my entire backside is pressed up against him, "Huh?! Alhaitham?!" I say nervously, my voice quivering immensely as both Tighnari and Cyno's jaw drops. I try to ignore Alhaitham, "Umm...um, thank you for the fruits... we gotta go!" I wave awkwardly as I shut the door. Alhaitham laughs, "those are flowers not fruits Kaveh or should I now say... my love~" I blush heavily but then a little smirk tugs at my lips, "Oh...oops I said that? I was a bit awkward, my smokin' hot babe~ " I say glancing at him smugly, his face went beet red, I laughed "Do you get how I feel now?" I nudged him playfully, he nods and pulls me close again, squeezing my waist. His hands slowly creep up my back and slides into the open V cut on my shirt. "My my...someone is quite bold today..." I say teasingly, "Mm... my babygirl Kaveh..." Alhaitham says quietly as he hums to himself. My face reddens, if that was designed to shut me up, it worked. A bit later, we head into the Akademiya for our shifts, but this time, hand-in-hand. We did get a lot of stares and whispers, but I didn't care... "Oh so that's what people mean when they say 'intimate friendship'" one woman gushes as we walk past. 

We reach Alhaitham's office, the oak door swung open to reveal a beautiful cottagecore-like office, we head in and close the door behind us. "So... what are you going to do today?" I ask as he brings out a pile of papers, "Reading through these reports, even though I reject at least 3/4 of these, the scholars at the Akademiya are prime examples of careless idiots" he says as he picks up the first one. I notice that the handwriting on that first report he's holding looks awfully like mine, wait... I try to snatch the paper out of his hands, "Ahhh... don't read that!" he moves the paper away from my grasp quickly, and raises an eyebrow. "Why?" he says and begins reading it, I avoid his gaze as he skims through the 'report'. He bursts out laughing, "Y-You had a whole... a whole detailed plan on how to confess to me? O-Oh my gosh Kaveh!!" he grips his sides as a series of explosive laughter escapes his lips. I cross my arms and pout cutely, "Aww..." he says as he pulls me close, "I love you Kaveh... I'd love you until my last breath" he rubs my back as I lean into him, "L-Love you too Haitham... always have, always will".