Protection [Cyno x Tighnari]

Cyno POV:

"I told you! King Deshret wasn't the one who owned that!" Alhaitham yells while waving his notes around at me, I sigh... "Arguing with you is like a circle", he looked confused, "What do you mean?" a little glint of satisfaction shone in my eyes, "because... it's pointless" Alhaitham's face soured. "Forget.I.Ever.Asked" he said, just then Kaveh enters the room and points at me dramatically, "Cyno... I think you are a triangle!" I looked at him confused, "Because... you have a point!" I laugh then look at Kaveh warmly, "Oh Kaveh..." I said grabbing onto his forearms, "Oh Cyno..." he says and we giggle happily. Soon, two abrupt coughs were heard from behind us, I turned around to see Tighnari and Kaveh turned around to see Alhaitham, they both looked like they were losing brain cells. We both dragged our boyfriends away, "Your jokes get worse and worse by the second Cyno..." Tighnari says, smacking his forehead, I follow him into the Avidya Forest. "Let's set our things down and enjoy some time to ourselves, shall we?" he says and sets his rucksack down under an oak tree, I groan slightly as I sit myself down on the soft moist grass. I open my legs so they are shaped in a 'V' and I gesture for Tighnari to sit there, he blushes and slowly lowers himself in between my legs, his tail brushes against me and I feel a million butterflies erupt from my stomach, I caress his ears from behind as he begins to purr gently. I smile to myself.

Suddenly an Avidya leopard lunges at us, without flinching I use my skill and infuse my polearm with electro and I push it against its jaw, a small explosion occurred and the leopard was repelled backwards into a tree, I grabbed Tighnari's hand and ran off back to Gandharva Ville. "This is exactly why I fell in love with you..." Tighnari says as soon as we head back, I chuckle "Anything for my little Nari~". "Master Tighnari! Master Tighnari!" I look up and saw Collei running towards us breathless, "Woah... slow down Collei, what's wrong?" Tighnari says and grabs onto her shoulders, "W-Withering zones are t-taking over the east of the Avidya Forest..." she manages to choke out, suddenly a determined look falls on Tighnari's face, "then... There's no time to lose! I'm off!" he grabs his bow and heads off to the east of the Avidya Forest, I watch him proudly until he's nothing but a small dot in the distance. I spend the next couple hours with Collei playing Genius Invokation TCG, I show off my limited edition cards and crack many jokes along the way, soon the night falls... and Tighnari still hasn't returned. A feeling of worry washes over me, I pick up my polearm and head to the east of the Avidya Forest, soon I arrive at the scene with a heavy heart, it was dead silent and the smell of rotten plants clung to the air, sinister energy evaporated from nearby bushes, "Tighnari!" I shouted loudly, "Tighnari?Tighnari?" I walked a few paces closer, it grew darker and darker. My foot touches something and I almost trip, I use my polearm to steady myself and I bend down to look at the object, "TIGHNARI!" I screamed, Tighnari was covered in cuts and bruises and was laying there sprawled like a starfish out in the open, tears immediately sting my eyes as I carried him in my arms, I held him close to my chest and began sprinting back to Gandharva Ville. My stomach was burning, my chest was hurting, and my breathing became ragged gasps yet I kept running as if my life depended on it... which it did, Tighnari was my everything. I finally reached the hut and I managed a strangled scream "C-COLLEI!" my voice breaks as I collapse on the wooden planks, panting and looking down at Tighnari. Collei immediately rushes out with herbs and medicine and she asks me to leave. I was hesitant but soon headed back to the desert with a very heavy heart and tears streaming down my face. I cried myself to sleep that night. I wasn't there for him when he needed me most, I wasn't there to protect him, I wasn't there to help... I felt terrible, soon the crying exhausted me and I fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up to my face still wet from tears, my pillow case was drenched in tears, I sigh and get up, I had a few fruits before heading out, Tighnari was the first thing on my mind, I rushed to Gandharva Ville to check on him. I slowly pushed open the leaves that act like doors to his hut, I took a deep breath and opened my eyes, he was sitting up drinking medicine, "TIGHNARI!" I said and hugged him tight, a little chuckle escaped his lips as he held me close "I miss you my love" he said into my hair, "I-I am so so sorry... I should have been there for you, I should have protected you!" I said as I hugged him tighter, as if he'd suddenly disappear. "Promise me you'll...you'll never do something as reckless as that again!" I said with sincerity and seriousness, "O..Okay I'm sorry for worrying you..." he says and plants a kiss on my forehead. "I'll...I'll let you rest..." I say quietly and I leave the hut, I head down to the river and sit on the wooden bridge and dip my toes into the crisp and cool water, I stare up at the blue skies and wispy clouds, I let out a sigh...

"Enjoying the water?" I looked behind me and there I saw... the love of my life standing on his own two feet looking perfectly fine, "T-Tighnari!" I pull his hand as a feeling of joy washes over me, Tighnari smiles and sits beside me resting his head on my shoulder, "I love you... I'll love you eternally and unconditionally..." I say softly, his ears twitch as he says "Me too..."