SC: Bearing

Khione

Three days of flying back and forth made me feel so tired.

Flying from Italy then back to the Philippines in the span of 3 days really got me questioning myself if I was in the right time and place.

But it doesn't matter.

Because I'm going home to my Wife.

It's been eight months since me and Solana got married, and got introduced to the world as a couple.

Kahit nga yung salitang 'kasal' ay mahirap pa rin paniwalaan. Still got me feeling like the 21-year old me who's still in love with her Professor.

So, despite being exhausted from the trip.. I can't wait to go home and indulge myself with my wife's presence. Namimiss ko na yung ubod na pulang propesora na 'yon. She hasn't even called me up yet kahit alam niyang ngayon ang dating ko.

And that's unusual. I was meant to stay in Venice for 1 week because aside from meeting some investors, I was going to check in with the museum that I'll be working with next year as I'll be having my own Art Exposition.

But, my wife gave me a condition. She said it's either I'll come home within the week, or stay in Italy for the rest of my life.

Siyempre, umuwi ako. Siya ang batas eh.

Actually, she's been clingy for the past few weeks na hindi naman niya laging pinapakita sa'kin, sometimes she pushes me away pag trip niya lang. Ayaw daw niya akong makita tapos wala pa ngang limang minuto ay rinig ko na ang pag-iyak niya sa kahahanap sa'kin.

Seeing her acting like that makes her cute.

Nakakatakot pag ibang tao yung kaharap, pero pag dating sa'kin, siyempre.. nakakatakot pa rin. Joke. She's definitely my Avi, she never failed to let me feel how in love she is with me as I am with her.

Ayaw niya man magpatalo, but I definitely love her more than she does.

I will do everything for her.

Protecting her with all my might, and giving her what she needs in order to fill the void in her heart.

The Professor who used to resist and hide her emotions have finally opened up, and to be quite honest.. tao nga talaga ang asawa ko.

I've seen more of her emotions coming out like burst of colors than what I saw six years ago. And I'm loving her more and more just by knowing that side of her.

But of course, the Solana I've known is still there.

Impatient, strict, a little cold and quite jealous still lives within her, and I wouldn't even dare to wish that she'll change that.

Doon ko siya unang minahal.

Bago siya naging Avi— I loved her first as Professor Solana.

Damn, talking about her makes me seem like a lovestruck teenager. Asawa ko na nga 'yon, pero 'di ko pa rin mapaliwanag yung nararamdaman ko kada nakikita at nakakasama ko siya.

I'm missing her even more now.

"Kuya Albert, ilang minuto pa po tayo bago makauwi?"

"Kakaalis lang natin sa Airport, Khione." He chuckled slightly while looking at me in the rear-view mirror. "May trenta minuto pa, depende pa sa traffic."

Hindi ko naman matago ang pagka-dismaya sa mukha ko matapos marinig ang sagot niya, pabalik-balik din ang pagtanaw ko sa cellphone at nagbabasakali na tumawag o magtext man lang sa'kin si Solana.

"Did she say anything when you left?"

"Hindi ko na nga ito naabutan, balita ko ay may inaasikaso siya sa Wesbech. Maaga nga itong umalis kanina kaya hindi rin kami nagkita."