Chapter 39

A/N: If there is some incorrect information written in this chapter, I just want everyone to know that I am not an expert in everything and I've written this based on what I only know. Thank you.

***

Khione

Days after the ball, everything went back to normal. I tried hiding the fact that I was there that night and heard that conversation. Mas lumala naman ang hindi pag-pansin sa akin ni Solana, pero minsan ay nararamdaman ko pa rin na tinitignan niya ako. While I still have my eyes on Reese especially now that she's plotting something against Solana.

I asked help from Ely dahil may kilala itong private investigator. Pinaimbistiga niya ako, so I'll do the same to her. Aside from that, tinawagan ko rin si Sydney who just came home straight from LA.

At ngayon ay nandito ako sa bahay niya to tell her about what I've heard from that night.

"Are you really sure that Reese would actually do that?" Hindi niya makapaniwalang sagot as she handed me a cup of coffee. "I mean, maybe she's all talk."

"She already ruined us before, Sydney."

"Well that was different, if she's really in love with her why would she want to put her in danger."

"Because it's not love." I simply said at umiling pa, "She's just probably obsessed with the idea of having her. Dahil kung talagang mahal niya si Solana, she would respect her decision and accept the truth. But now she's even putting her life at risk para lang balikan ito."

Sydney sighed and sat on the opposite direction facing me. "You have a point."

"Does your dad mentioned anything regarding some pictures that someone sent him?"

"No, wala pa naman."

"That means Reese hasn't sent it yet."

"I doubt she's sending it right away. Knowing her, she always has a timing for everything. Like what she did when she exposed the truth to you about Solana's marriage."

She's right, she could've told me about it directly, pero that night at the event was the perfect timing para malaman ko ang lahat, dahil kitang-kita ng dalawang mata ko na may asawa nga siya. That's what I missed, Reese knew that she has the upper hand at everything.

"What has the Private Investigator told you about her? Maybe I can fill in with some needed information since their family has been a close friend of my dad for years."

The Hendricks is a family of four; Their parents— Adam Hendricks and Eleanor Hendricks own a publishing firm that later on became an established corporation and signed a partnership with Armani Corporations, the said arranged marriage was a way to seal the deal.

David Hendricks and Reese Hendricks were trained to take-over the company someday, but it seemed like their parents favored David more and would probably leave the company to his hands. That probably explains why Reese became that hostile.

After the marriage of her brother and Solana, she flew to Mexico and lived her life there until she came home last year.

"She have always been a little closer to Solana when they first met. Though my sister doesn't really show her that much attention because you know her, she's not fond of people. Lalo na sa mga taong dahilan kung bakit nandito siya sa sitwasyon niya ngayon."

"She said na sila dapat ang ikakasal.. was that true?"

Sydney nods her head, "The Hendricks had a tradition back then, the oldest will be the one to marry first. But since Reese.. was a woman, they opted for David."