Chapter 22

Khione

"Have you given her an answer yet?" I asked Elyzra. Pinagu-usapan namin ngayon ang sitwasyon niya with Ms. Zafiana.

"I'll.. ask her out."

"Ayon naman pala— Ha?! Is this Elyzra Avila I'm talking to?"

"B-but I'm just doing this to confirm whatever feelings I have for her okay."

I nodded and smiled at her before pulling her for a hug, looks like another one will have a successful ending. Nasa bloom garden kami ngayon sa University. Kakatapos lang ng examinations namin and starting this Monday ay sembreak na kaya naman inaya ko si Ely na pumunta dito to catch up with her.

"I think she really likes you, Ely. The first time I saw her looking at you, I instantly knew that something was going on."

Napatingin naman ito sa'kin. "..I'm scared of what might happen."

"You'll be happier, I know." I assured her by holding on to her hand.

"KHIOOOOOO!"

Parehas naman kaming nagulat ng bigla naming narinig ang malakas na sigaw ni Maevis, tumatakbo siyang papunta sa'min at kita ko din na mukhang na inis pa 'tong pinsan ko.

"Almonte will you keep your mouth shut? Pwede naman kasing hindi sumigaw, akala mo may sunog dahil sa bunganga mo." Ely said while rolling her eyes, but the culprit just smiled at her goofingly before plopping herself down to sit beside me.

"May nabalitaan ako."

"Are you sure na fine arts student ka? ang dami mong chismis na alam."

"Alam niyo masyado kayong negatib, tsaka para kay Khio 'tong chismis na ilalahad ko ngayon." That perked up my interest at tumingin kay Maevis. "I finally know the reason why Ms. Clemonte came home."

Nanahimik naman ako when she brought her name again, kahapon lang nangyari yung binalik ko ulit sa kanya ang bracelet and after that whenever I see her around the campus ako na ang kusang lumalayo sa kanya. Even if it feels like my heart is torn into pieces when I do that.

Hindi ko na rin pinaalam sa dalawang 'to dahil ayoko na mag-alala ulit sa'kin.

"So what's the reason?" Ely asks.

"I was right." She said proudly with a smug.

"What do you mean?"

Maevis looked at me at nailing pa, kanina pa kasi ako hindi nagsasalita. The only one asking those questions is Ely. But it doesn't mean that I'm not curious to death.

"I heard her and Ms. Del Mundo talking at the hallway, papunta sana ako sa office ni Maddi—"

"Wait, when did you start calling Ms. Maddison so casually? Does she mind that you only call her by her first name?"

"Why would my girlfriend mind it?"

Nanlaki ang mga mata namin ni Ely when she said that, what the hell? Girlfriend?!

"But this isn't about me, pwede bang ituloy ko muna yung sasabihin ko? tsaka sarado niyo din bibig niyo." Naiiling niyang saad. "So I heard them diba, and it seemed like Professor Clemonte was trying to tell her to take down her post, the one na may picture kayong dalawa."

I frowned after trying to analyze what she said.

"Eh? That's impossible. She wouldn't leave a very important seminar just for that, tsaka they're both friends. If what you heard was right na pinapa-delete niya yung post, she could just message or call her."

Well, that would be possible if they are in good terms. I just kept my thoughts quiet as I'm still wondering if that would be the reason why she's here. Bukas pa dapat ang balik niya kung sakali, but that's absurd. Unang-una sa lahat, why would she even care about that post?