Chapter 40

Khione

"Make me your mistress."

Her eyes grew bigger as I uttered those words, well who wouldn't be surprised with what I said, right? Pero sigurado na ako ngayon, I don't want to spend another day regretting my decisions and for wasting time when I should be spending it with her.

Call me anything you want but I'm done playing games. If I have to be a mistress— then so be it.

I'd risk everything just to be with her and have her back in my life again.

Naramdaman ko na lang bigla ang pagkapit niya sa balikat ko as she pushed me slightly. "You're being irrational right now."

"I'm not." I whispered while shaking my head, "I'm serious, Avi."

Her eyes searched for my own and we spent a good minute in silence— not quite sure of what the other will say or do.

"N-no." She firmly said and forced herself to look away from my gaze.

My hands went up to cup both of her cheeks and made her look at me again, "You're saying no but your actions seems like you want to say yes."

"Then you're interpreting it wrong." Nagulat naman ako nang tumayo siya bigla at lumayo sa'kin, "Whatever you're planning, I want you to stop immediately."

I looked at her, amused.

"Namumula ka po, Professor Clemonte."

Her face was already red once she finally distanced herself from me.

"W-what's all this about, Avila? I made it clear to you at the ball that we can't do this. I'm married—"

"Every time you say that you're married, the more that I don't care about it." She frowned when I cut her off. "You told me yourself, you don't even love him so that means it's an arranged marriage isn't it?"

She exhaled deeply and ran her fingers through her hair out of frustration. "Even if it's an arranged marriage, the world sees me as a married woman. And hearing you say those words doesn't help at all, I already made you one before... and I don't want put you in that situation again."

I didn't dare to respond to what she said dahil wala nang makakapagpabago pa ng desisyon ko, everything she said went out from my other ear as I focused my attention on her.

Tinignan ko ang kabuuan niya at naglakad ulit patungo sa kanya, while she just stared at me and didn't even moved an inched.

When I got closer to her, I held both her hands and planted soft kisses on it while maintaining eye contact with her. I leaned closer to her until she was pinned on the wall. I let go of her hands before snaking it through her body.

"Then let me make it better.." I whispered with my lips finally tasting her neck and inhaling the scent that I've missed badly. "I want you back, Avi.. I think I might go crazy thinking about you every single day."

Her soft whimpers were so cute when I left a mark on her neck. Napakapit pa siya sa balikat ko as she stopped me from marking her more. When I did, I smiled upon seeing my masterpiece and went to look at her again.

Para akong mauubusan ng hangin when I saw her longing eyes— like she's been waiting for this to happen again, my hands cupped both her cheeks.

"Tell me to stop if you don't want me to.." I stroked the corners of her mouth gently.

"I-I.."

I closed my eyes and felt my heart racing when our lips brushed against each other, the warmth of her breath made it harder for me to control it any longer. I kept her head steady and just waited for what she's going to say.