Chapter 15

Khione

"I'm gonna miss you, babe! Don't be too nervous, a lot of us are rooting for you."

"How can I not be nervous, I have to win this for all of us."

Georgina chuckled when she heard that and suddenly hugged me. Nagulat naman ako dahil do'n at niyakap na lang ito pabalik, I guess I'm used to her being this clingy.

"Why do you have to be so cute, Khio? I know the pressure is high right now, but you don't have to burden yourself with that thought." She pulled away and smiled. "It's great to win, but what's important is for you to enjoy that experience

When Georgina said that, of course it didn't reduce the anxiety and stress that I have been feeling for days now as the competition drew closer. But I appreciate her concern and thanked her for that.

Today is our flight papuntang Spain, 3 days kami do'n so we have to be early for one day since it's a 15-hour flight from here. So ngayon, nandito ako sa University to wait for Ms. Solana para sabay na kami pumunta sa airport.

She told me to wait at the WVAO Office and timing naman na nando'n si Georgina so we had a small talk.

"Anyway, I have to go. I wish I could be with you at the airport but it's fine, the moment you land here from Spain— I'll be the first one to tackle you with a hug!" She giggled and gave me another big hug and even wiggled our bodies kaya naman ay napatawa nalang din ako.

"Okay, George. I'll expect that then."

Bigla naman kaming nag hiwalay when the door opened to reveal Ms. Solana who was shocked to see us both hugging, but it only lasted for a few seconds as her face hardened and narrowed her eyes at me.

"Good Morning, Professor Clemonte."

"Morning. Don't you have classes, Ms. Francisco?"

"Ah yes po—"

"Then what are you doing here?" Her eyes went to Georgina and raised a brow at her. "As far as I know the office isn't meant for PDA's."

"I was about to leave po."

Hindi naman kumibo si Ms. Solana kaya tinignan nalang ako ni Georgina at binigyan ako ng matamis na ngiti at nag gesture pa ng fighting before she walked out of the room, nadaanan pa nga niya si Ms. Solana who seemed to be pissed.

"Good Morning, Ms. Sol! Bakit nakasimangot na naman yung mukha mo?"

"It's none of your business." She rolled her at me before crossing her arms. "Let's go, we have to be early at the airport today."

Nauna na nga itong tumalikod para umalis kaya kinuha ko agad yung maleta ko at sinundan ito, may mga importanteng aasikasuhin lang ito sa Dean's office kaya naghintay ulit ako sa labas. Medyo maaga pa naman kasi 7 am pa lang pero yung flight namin is 10 am.

"Khio!" Napaangat naman ako ng tingin when I heard someone called my name, it was Ms. Vivien running towards me, her smile almost reaching her ears.

"Ms. Vivien, hello po."

"Good thing at naabutan pa kita, I thought you left for your flight already."

"I'm waiting for Ms. Solana pa po kasi."

Tumatango naman ito sa sinabi ko at may kinuha from her bag, it was a small keychain with moon and stars dangling around it. "It's my lucky charm."

"Wow— I.. I don't know what to say."

"I got this when I was in Paris, it became my lucky charm whenever I feel like I don't excel in anything and it works like magic, so I want you to have this." Kinuha niya ang isang kamay ko and placed the keychain on my palm before closing it tightly. "Good luck on your competition, Khio."