Chapter 29

Khione

I woke up early today to prepare for Solana's birthday. Sinabihan ako ni Sydney that the party will be held at Ms. Zafiana's resort this evening so we have to drive to La Union for the exlusive party.

While me? I'm planning to take her to the places where she brought me before. Places she consider as part of her solitude.

I'm aware she didn't have much enough time to visit those places and ever since sinama niya ako do'n ay parang naging espesyal na rin sa'kin ang mga lugar na 'yon. Those were the places that I started to know her.

Pagkagising ko pa lang ay nagluto na ako ng kakainin niya dahil balak ko itong dalhin sa kwarto niya. Breakfast in bed kumbaga.

Nilutuan ko lang siya ng garlic rice with sausages and eggs, at nagtimpla na rin ako ng kape para sa kanya.

After I was done ay dahan-dahan akong naglalakad patungo sa kwarto niya and took a peek from the door to see if she's awake, to my surprise ay nakahiga lang ito at nakatalikod sa'kin.

Pagpasok ko ay nilagay ko muna ang mga pagkain sa desk as I slowly went to her side and hugged her.

"Good morning." I said and kissed her cheeks.

Hindi ito sumagot sa'kin at nang tingnan ko siya ay gising na pala ito, she was just looking at a far distance and that made me think na baka hindi maganda ang gising niya.

"Miss Sow?" I tried getting her attention again. "Breakfast is ready, you should eat it before it gets cold."

I could feel her sighing as she nodded her head.

"Can I be alone for today, Amora?" She removed my arms around her and sat up properly before looking at me. "I'm sorry, I just don't feel like doing anything today."

I perfectly know the reason why, but I kept my mouth shut. She doesn't know that I'm aware of her birthday today. And I'm not planning to reveal it yet until tonight.

"May I know the reason first?" I asked gently. "But if you're not comfortable sharing it with me, it's okay."

"Nothing.. forget I said that, I guess I just woke up in a bad light." Ginawaran niya lang ako ng matipid na ngiti and held my hand. "Why are you up this early?"

Hindi ko maiwasan ang malungkot dahil alam ko na pinipilit niya lang ang sarili na maging maayos, kaya gusto kong maging espesyal sa kanya ang kaarawan niya ngayong araw. Huminga ako ng malalim at hinigpitan ang paghawak ko sa kanya.

"I want to take you out on an adventure today."

She frowned. "Adventure?"

"Yes. I won't tell you much about it, but I'm sure that it will make you happy."

"Amora.. I don't know." Iling niya pa. "Can't we just stay at home?"

"It's a beautiful day.. I promise if you don't like it, we'll go home immediately."

Lord, wag naman. The plan would be ruined if uuwi kami ng maaga. I gave her my puppy eyes which I never knew I had in me, until; I'm finally using it para lang pumayag siya.

I can see that she was hesitating but a soft smile broke out after a few seconds; followed by a nod. I yelped excitedly and hugged her tightly. "Thank you!"

"But keep your promise, okay?"

"Aye aye captain!"

"I guess you're in charge for today, Ms. Avila." She smiled.

Binigay ko na sa kanya ang breakfast para makakain na ito, I also gave her some alone time and told her to get ready after she eats.

Matitipid na sagot lang din ang nakuha ko galing sa kanya na naiintindihan ko naman, I really hope my plan makes her smile today. Matapos rin nung usapan namin kagabi ay natulog na ito ng maaga kaya alam ko na naalala niya ulit ang mama niya.