Chapter 27

Khione

I nervously waited for my last class to end that I couldn't even focus sa mga pinagsasabi ng Prof namin. I received a text from her earlier asking if I ate the breakfast she made, to which I responded yes and I even thanked her for that.

She didn't exactly say why but reminded me again that she'll see me on the rooftop once my class ends.

"Khio parang tatae ka na sa mukha mo." Bulong ni Maevis sa'kin kaya agad ko itong pinandilatan ng mata. Bunganga talaga nito.

"Okay, that's it for today's class. See you next week everyone."

I silently cheered after hearing that from him at dali-daling niligpit ang mga materyales ko. I know I shouldn't feel excited dahil hindi ko naman alam kung ano ang sasabihin niya sa'kin.. I guess I got my hopes up after what happened last night.

"Hoy! Pupunta ka na ba ng trabaho? it's still 6pm."

"May lakad ako Maevis, mauuna na ako, bye!"

I made my way out at pupunta na sana sa building kung nasaan ang rooftop when I received a text from Ms. Vivien.

Miss Vivi 🌌
Khio?
I was hoping if we
could meet tonight.

I'm here at Constellations Restaurant.
I'll be waiting.
6:05 pm

Me
Ms. Viv, is it okay
if we meet some
other time po?

I have somewhere
to go po kasi and
I don't want to keep
you waiting.

Ms. Vivi 🌌
This is the only time
I'll have the courage
to tell you, Khio.

It's okay.. I'll still
wait for you kahit
gaano pa katagal.
Read 6:08 pm.

Shit.

I halted my steps at napasapo na lang sa ulo ko, ang perfect timing naman. But I can't tell Ms. Vivien that I'll be meeting with Ms. Solana. I'll just go after the talk with her.

Agad kong inoff ang phone ko at pumasok na sa building, kinakabahan kong tinahak ang rooftop with heavy steps and when I opened the door ay nakita ko na may picnic mat at mga pagkain din na nakahanda doon.

But the woman I'm waiting for wasn't there.

I roamed my eyes around the area and saw that it was the exact placement when I confessed to her.

"Someone seems to be a little excited at naunahan mo pa ako rito."

I turned my back and saw her leaning on the doorframe, may hawak rin itong bulaklak— white tulips.

"What's this all about?" Kinakabahan kong tanong, she smiled at me bago tuluyang pumasok at sinarado ang pinto. The wind blows on her hair but it seems like she doesn't mind it at patuloy na naglakad palapit sa'kin.

She's now standing in front of me and held the white tulips. "For you."

"Ms. Solana—"

"Please accept it." I was hesitant to accept the tulips but she nudged it softly to me kaya wala rin akong nagawa kundi kunin ito sa kanya.

She looked so beautiful wearing her white Harriet silk halter top where she tucked it in with a black ruffle hem skirt and matched it with her black ankle strap heels.

I usually see her in formal attire when she's on campus, so is it safe to assume that she dressed up for me and wore a skirt?

"Thank you for the flowers po." I smiled while she did the same.