Chapter 37

Khione

"Move it to the upper right— yeah, okay now slightly move it down— perfect!"

Everyone in our organization from the officers down to the members are busy now, as we only have two days left before the University ball.

Kasakulukuyan akong naka-assign sa stage where the boys are helping me with the letter standees, balloons and other designs to make the stage stand out.

The others were in charge of the red carpet, tables, seats, centerpieces and the catering area, and since malaki ang great hall and we are just few in number. I also asked Maevis and her band to help us since nagb-blocking din sila ngayon.

"Hindi naman kami parte ng organization, pero bakit kami nandito?"

"Kasalanan ko ba that your band was scheduled to have your blocking today?"

Maevis rolled her eyes. "Sabi ko nga, ayos na yung photobooth. Natesting na din namin kanina, tignan mo cute namin nila Freya at Avery."

She was referring to her bandmates at pinakita niya nga yung sample pictures they took earlier.

"Tago mo 'yan, pag nakita ni Georgina 'yan, sisingilin ka no'n." Asar ko naman sa kanya kahit hindi naman totoo, mapagpaniwala kasi 'to e.

"Weh? Totoo ba? Ang gahaman naman no'n sa pera—"

"Maevis, I need your help." Hindi niya natapos ang sasabihin dahil bigla siyang tinawag ni Georgina.

"Coming, madzam." She mouthed at me if the latter heard her say something about her pero tinawanan ko lang siya.

"Professor Clemonte is on her way, everyone! Make sure that the designs are all set. Medyo highblood ata si Prof today." Napukaw naman ang atensyon ng lahat when Rex came in a rush as if he was chased by some monstrous creature.

Well.. medyo.

Lahat sila ay binilisan ang mga kilos nila though it's not expected that we'll finish it by today, may bukas pa naman kaming natitira since the venue will be closed a day before the University ball, to avoid any sabotage or tricks from the other students.

We could hear the sound of her heels echoing through the place and everyone went quiet when she finally came in. An unreadable expression was plastered on her face as she roamed her eyes around the hall. If I could just hear everyone's thoughts it would probably say na sana ay hindi sila ang maging target ng propesora.

Her brows furrowed while looking at every area, napalunok din ako ng konti because it has been days since we started planning and marami din siyang opinyon tungkol sa mga suggestions ng lahat so, you can imagine how nerve-wrecking it actually is since it seemed like nothing satisfies her since she's quite a perfectionist.

I know that perfectly well.

"Ms. Francisco." She called her over, habang nakatingin sa stage na kakadesign ko lang kanina.

Dali-dali namang pumunta si George sa pwesto niya as she waited for her to speak, Ms. Clemonte's lips were pressed together at ilang segundo lang na nakatitig sa stage, "Instead of a gray sequined wall, change it to a gold gradient sequined one. That fits the theme more and it will not make it look dull, I can tell that the stage looks hideous just by coming in."

The other members including Maevis glanced at me when she said that, which made me feel a little embarrassed since I was the one assigned at the stage. Nangga-gago ba siya? She was the one who told us to use that color.

"N-noted, Professor Clemonte."

"You got the whole day right? Since my schedule is free today, I'll be monitoring the designing process as well."