Chapter 12: Mount Weather

Lexa did the same thing with a piece of her own shirt. Clarke was the first one to head inside the bunker. She really didn't want to be in here and the cloth over her nose and mouth only helped so much with the smell. Lexa followed in shortly after shutting the door. Thankfully the generators were still working so they atleast had lights so they could see. As the got deeper into the the bunker you could tell the bodies had been moved. You could the bloody trails of which the bodies were moved. Clarke gripped her blade tightly as she had a feeling that they weren't alone in here. Lexa put her hand on Clarke's shoulder.

" We are not alone in here Clarke." Lexa whisper to her.

" I know." Clarke replied " Who took the bodies and why did they take them?"

" I don't know but we need to tread carefully in here. We don't know who or what is n here with us." Lexa said.

" I want to know where the bodies went to." Clarke said " i mean they didn't all get up and walk away."

" An animal could of got a hold of it." Lexa said.

Clarke turn around and looked at her.

" The doors were shut. I don't think an animal got in here." Clarke said as she turned back around and moved forward.

Clarke moved cautiously through the bunker so that she hardly made a sound. Lexa followed her bringing up the rear. Both girls had their hands on their blades as they walked on. Lexa pulled  Clarke into a room and shut the door quickly. She placed a finger over her mouth to tell Clarke to be quiet right now. She turn Clark around and kissed her hard on the lips. Clarke was taken by surprise but she soon kissed back. Their blades fell from theirs hands and hit  the floor with a loud clank. Clark moved her hands to Lexa's face to remove the cloth around her mouth so she could actually kiss her lips. By now Clarke knew that there was no danger in the bunker well not right now and Lexa just brought her into this room to kiss her. After several heated moments Clarke pulled away.

"Lexa we can't." Clarke said " I am not doing this here where people died."

" Clarke no matter where we do this at people have died there." Lexa said " Look we are safe here and we are alone."

" Are you sure we are alone?" Clarke said.

Lexa looks out the window and then back at Clarke.

"No but it looks like we are" Lexa said.

Clarke look at her and bent down to pick up her blade.

" Lexa, i can't do this. not here." Clarke said.

Lexa nodded to her as she retrieved her own blade and open the door. Clarke walked out of the room first then Lexa followed her. They walked carefully down the hall and into another room. This was the room where the children had died in and Clarke stopped in her tracks. Some of the bodies were still there and some looked like something has been eating them. Clarke had  flashback of when she terminated them to save her people. When Lexa came into the room she saw Clarke standing there with a blank look on her face. Lexa put her hand on Clarke's shoulder to comfort her but Clarke just shrugged it off.

" Clarke don't dwell on the past." Lexa said ' What is done is done. You can't change what you did. These children would have followed in their parents footsteps if you hadn't stop them."

" You don't know that Lexa." Clarke said " They could of changed it all."

" Clarke you did what i would have done." Lexa said " You made a decision with both your head and heart. Come you shouldn't see their bodies anymore."

"Lexa look at them." Clarke said "Something has been eating them.""

No not something but someone." Lexa said " Ripa. Clarke we need to get to the other side quickly"