Chapter Twenty Nine

I tapped my pen on the table as I waited for Arabelle. She said she just had to stop home, but now I'm worried. We had to work on a project for class. I looked at the time again before getting up and walking towards the parking lot texting Jessa. She pulled up as I texted Arabelle again. "Amira, stop worrying. I'm sure she's okay." I shook my head.

"Jessa I got a bad feeling, a really bad feeling." I couldn't stop the panic. I bit on my nail staring at her; my stomach was so heavy. Jessa signed.

"Okay, I'll call Noah." She nodded, listening to what he was saying as I sat fidgeting.

"He said to wait for him before we head over." She listened again. "Said he can be there in 15 minutes." I nodded at her. She took my hand. "Amira, I'm sure she's okay." I couldn't stop the bad feeling I was having. It was killing me she wasn't answering me. Jessa finally said we could go when Noah texted her. She drove me over to Arabelle's house and Noah was sitting on his car.

"Amira." He said as I ran into his arms. "What's wrong?" I looked up at him.

"I'm so worried. I don't know why. Something's wrong." I held him tightly. He rubbed my back softly.

"Come on, lets go check on her." I knocked on the front door nervously looking at Noah to see if there was an answer. The door opened just a little before fully opening.

"Amira?" Arabelle's face popped out from the darkness. I covered my gasp with my hand as I looked at her.

"Oh, Arabelle, what, what happened?" I stepped forward looking at her cut up swollen face.

"What are you doing here?" Her eyes watered as she stared at me. I took her into my arms for a hug, holding her tightly. I felt for her. Knew actually what she was going through. I felt her sob in my arms. I jumped when I saw a large man coming towards us. Noah pulled me, and Arabelle, into him protecting us. I let go of her as his angry face came into my vision.

"What is going on here?" He sneered at us as Noah gripped me tightly, wrapping his arm around my chest, as Arabelle answered him. I couldn't see as her face was to me but I could see the bruises on her back and her arms making me clutch him tightly into my arms. He glared at us for an unknown reason. I looked up at Noah.

"Arabelle is coming with us." His voice was flat, fire burned in his eyes. I shot my eyes to the man who narrowed his eyes.

"She's my daughter and she isn't going any where." Noah let go of me and walked up to the man. He was so much bigger than him, his body mass and his strength. He was a fit man that intimidated people when he wanted to. He said something as Arabelle gripped me just as Noah did, as Jessa pulled us away from them. Noah's back was tense, his neck tight as he yelled. The man, her father I believe, backed down. He shot his eyes to Arabelle and I before back to Noah.

"Have her. I don't fucking want her anyway." His eyes shot to her. "Never come back." I gripped her arm tightly as it started to shake. Noah turned around.

"Arabelle, go get what you need for now, we will get the rest tomorrow." She nodded squeezing me before Noah took her hand. "Amira, get in the car." I nodded at him as the man backed away but I could see the fire that scared me in his eyes. Jessa took me into the car and locked the doors. I stared at the door in silence, waiting for her to come back, for something to happen. Finally after what seemed like forever, Arabelle and Noah came out with two bags and bedding and opened the trunk to Jessa's car, as hers was the biggest.

"Girls, I want you all to go home. I have to go check on something at work and make some phone calls." I looked at him, my chest tightening. "I'll be home soon, I promise." He gave me a smile, his eyes shooting to Jessa's, a silent conversation happened as she nodded. I buckled myself in, watching Noah get into his car before looking at Arabelle. Her breathing was heavy as she clutched a pillow in her arms. I took her hand in mine and clutched it tightly in silence, giving her comfort. She gave me a smile clutching my hand back as Jessa drove us away from her torture chamber...

Jessa put her in a quest room, helping her unpack a little because leaving to make dinner. I sat on the bed, helping her fold the clothes that were just thrown into her bag quickly. Either of us said a word. "How did you know?" She finally asked. I looked at her blinking.

"Know what?" She put the shirt down.

"How did you know I was in trouble?" Her hands were still shaking.

"I don't know. I just...did." I sighed. "I just had this terrible feeling that wouldn't go away." She nodded. We finished putting everything way and changed the bedding to hers. I sat next to her, not knowing what to say, but I just leaned my head on her shoulder. "I needed to know you were okay." She just clutched me into a tight hug and cried. I just comforted her as best I could...

Arabelle sat next to me at dinner, Jessa rushing around making more and more food as Noah came in with Mr. Byrne. After our little crying session, Arabelle was a little calmer, more relaxed. She's been over more times then I can count and knows nothing will happen here. Noah kissed Jessa before coming over and kissing my head making me smile at him. He put his hand on Arabelle's shoulder looking at Mr. Byrne.

"This is her." He smiled down at her at she looked at Mr. Byrne.

"It's a pleasure. I'm The Bennett's lawyer." He pulled out some paper from his bag.

"Thank you for coming Mark, Let me get you come food." Jessa smiled at him going to stand up.

"Oh thank you, but no thank you. It's date night tonight." He smiled at me. "Hello Amira." I smiled at him as he looked back down on his paper. "Arabelle, I'm going to need you to sign these papers. This is for a restraining order for you against your father. I also have the papers having him release the custody of Arabelle into the Bennett's custody." He handed the papers to Noah. He looked back to Arabelle, putting his hand over hers. "This will keep you safe." She smiled weakly at him. Noah smiled at me, knowing that this was for me. They were taking her in for me, not that they wouldn't take her in if I wasn't there. She needed help and they were more than happy to help her. "I'm going to take these papers to the court house tomorrow to get them signed." I looked back between them as Mr. Byrne's shook Arabelle's hand then put his hand on Noah's. "I will see you soon." He left after giving the rest of us a goodbye. I looked back at my parents as they made plates for dinner before looking at Arabelle who fit right into the circle we had. I smiled at my family. The best family I could ever have. I started out live being loved, then treated like nothing, then being more loved then I could ever imagine. When I was sitting in those hospital beds I never imagined I would be here, in a family, with people that actually cared about me. They made me believe again in love and family. Something I thought was gone long ago. I don't know what the future is going to hold for me, but one thing is for sure.

I can't wait to see it.

Wow... I didn't even expect this to be the end of this book. It just jumped out of no where and before I knew it I wrote an ending. I was going to continue writing more chapters, but since this story is so long and if I did it would be SUPER long , so I will just have to make another book for this one on what happens after this. Woo, and trust me you are not going to expect it ;)

Well, this has been fun. Till the next time. I'll miss you! <3