Chapter 28

Hey guys!! Long time no see ;). Sorry, I was going to update before I went on vacation but I couldn't and I just got home to leave for my cousins wedding! But alas, the chapter is here. I hope you enjoy! It's unedited(like all of my chapters)
.............................................................................

I sat staring at my food; Gunner throwing his back like it was nothing. Jessa sat at the other side of him looking at me, but I just pushed around the piece of chicken. I just couldn't feel my stomach and the idea of food made me uncomfortable. Jesse opened her mouth to say something but stopped when she heard something. Aspen went running towards the front door, as Jessa went to answer it. Gunner struggled to try to shove at my arm making me take a bite of my chicken that he feed me. Arabelle smiled at me waving, her bag in her hand. I forgot she was staying over. I smiled at her. "Would you like some dinner, Sweetie?" Jessa smiled at her. She nodded.

"I would love some." She sat next to me, giving Gunner a wave. I smiled at her. I've got closer with her since the incident at the party. She is my best friend now. I ate a little bit more of my food before we went down stairs to watch a movie. Gunner ended up staying with us till late. Arabelle came out of the bathroom in her pajamas, as I sat on the bed. She pulled back the blanket and got in. "Can I ask you a question?" I nodded getting under my blankets too.

"Sure, what's up?" She looked over to me debating her words.

"What was it like being all alone?" I looked away from her thinking thoughtfully.

"Lonely, really lonely." She sighed closing her eyes. "You don't have anyone there to protect you, to listen to you, to care about you. You're completely alone." She clenched her fists tight, but I put my hand on hers. "But you are never truly alone, there are always people there for you." I took her hand in mine. "I'll always be there."

She wrapped her arms around me and clenched me tightly. She wiped her eyes she took my face in her hands. "Thank you!" I just smiled at her.

"Lets get to bed." I watched her lay down, confused about what just happened but I curled up on my pillow around Aspen and fell asleep...

I finished my worksheet putting my pen down and looking over to the teacher. He nodded making me pick it up and walk over to him with my bag in my hand. He looked the sheet over, gave me a smile and put it in his pile. Most of the teachers just give me worksheets to do instead of something else to do. I didn't mind it, I usually got done fast. I walked into the hallway shoving my books into the locker. It was during periods so the halls were empty. I took my lunch out and made my way towards the tree I always eat under. I was checking my phone when I felt someone push me. I hit the hall and slid down, holding my arm in pain.

I looked up at the group of girls above me, Scarlett and her followers stood over me glaring at me. I clutched my arm in pain. "Who do you think you are?" I didn't say anything; I just sat there terrified of the people surrounding me. "You can't just come in here like you own the place and steal the guys away from us."

"She slept with Dylan, what a whore." Her friend grunted. Scarlett gripped me by the arms and dragged me up the wall to shake me.

"Stay away from them, do you hear me? Get that through your thick stupid skull." She pushed me back against the wall causing me to fall down and watch as she walked away. I rubbed my eyes as the fear left my body and I broke down where I was curled up. Aspen whimpered snuggling into my chest. I wondered around until I wonder myself sitting on the bench at the front of the park down the road. I felt sick, my arm was throbbing, my face was red, and all I wanted to do was go home. I couldn't even go to lunch with Gunner or Arabelle. I wanted to throw up. I made a one-sided call to Jessa asking to pick me up.

Her car pulled up and breaked in front of me. She got out as fresh tears rolled down my cheeks. "Oh baby, come here." She wrapped me tightly in her arms as I broke down in sobs. She rubbed my back, stroking my hair humming a tune. After the tears subsided she put me in the car.