10 | we just hate debbie

☆

"IT'S NOT going to go well," Amara told Lip the following day, watching him pull on his black jacket. "We just dropped the bomb on them last night, you don't think it's too soon?"

"Maybe it is," he agreed. "But we're adults now. We have to face our problems head on."

"Is that what you did by robbing Born Free?" She asked, raising a brow that had Lip breaking out into a grin. "Anyway, Debbie is going to have a heart attack and, like, die on the floor."

"Debbie will have to get over herself," Lip stated, grabbing the basket of dirty clothes they were taking over to the Gallagher house since their washer and dryer still didn't exist. "I'll get Fred ready and meet you in the car."

Amara adjusted the chain around her neck and waved him off. "Sure."

Lip disappeared into Fred's room, and Amara pulled open a drawer in the dresser to find a shirt. While rummaging, her fingers grasped something cool, and momentarily she forgot she'd hidden the ring Ian had given her in there.

With a start, she realized he never told her where he'd gotten the ring, and why he'd given it to her. Amara spared a glance over her shoulder to make sure Lip wasn't present, and slipped the ring into her pocket.

Probably wasn't the right time, but she needed to ask Ian all the questions she'd been wondering for ages. Amara made her way to the front door, and hopped into the passenger seat as Lip fixed the mirrors and put the car into drive.

"Good morning," Debbie greeted them, and she wasted no time on waving a plate off eggs and bacon in Amara's face, who narrowly dodged her. "Breakfast?"

"I feel like you should definitely work at one of those mall kiosk stands," she mused, stepping out of the way as Debbie attempted to lure Lip in with a plate. "Jesus Christ."

"She's been like that all morning," Mickey commented from the table, and Amara slid onto the chair across from him as Ian handed her a mug of coffee.

"She's obviously trying to get in everyone's good graces," Amara said, lowly as Lip stuffed the washer with their clothes, and she looked away from him to prop Freddy on the table.

Ian cocked his head to the side. "How do you mean?"

"I mean, you and Mickey agreed to sell the house. The odds are against her."

"If she thinks fucking eggs and bacon are gonna salvage it, she's in for a rude ass awakening," Mickey stated.

"Hey," Amara kicked at Ian and caught his eye. "I have something to ask you."

"Um, so, things got a little heated last night," Lip said, earning everyone's attention, and cutting Amara short. "But now that we've all had a chance to sleep on it, I'd like to reopen the discussion about selling the house. If we knocked down a couple walls, created a more open floor plan, we could add thirty grand to the sale price."