12 | sister of satan

"TWO VEGGIE BURGERS!" AMARA called over the counter, at the same time as she grabbed two plates from it to deliver to her costumers. When she turned back to face the kitchen, she managed to catch sight of Frank and Monica barreling in through the door.

Her jaw clenched and she followed after them. Fiona had made it clear that both her and Sierra were in charge of running Patsy's while she was out, and Amara knew they definitely weren't allowed.

"What the hell are you two doing?" Amara demanded, and the pair of them broke away from their conversation to look at her. Monica's face lit up and she bounced over to her like an eager puppy.

"Amara! Wow, it's been so long. Look at you! Lip really lucked out with this one."

"You can't be back here," Amara stated, not bringing up her arms to return the hug Monica had wrapped her into. "You're distracting everyone, and most people don't enjoy having flees running around on their food. Out."

"Oh, come on," Frank groaned. "Don't be like that. We deserve to-"

"Out!"

"Amara, I want you to be a bachelorette in my wedding."

"Oh, what's this, fifth times the charm?" She crossed her arms and gestured towards the door. "Pass."

"But you and Lip can-"

"There is no Lip and Amara," Lip interrupted. She didn't know whether to be relieved or disappointed. After he'd crashed at their place the night prior, Amara made him promise her he would go to AA. And he was sober, so, clearly something she said had worked. "Not anymore. And do as she says, you fucking reek."

Monica frowned and glanced between them. "You two are broken up? Oh, no. Come on, let's fix things! We'll buy you lunch and we can all talk about our feelings and mend your-"

"With what money?" Amara cut off, eying her with a brow raised. "And there's nothing to fix. We're fine. Now get out before I have to grab the staple gun and cover your entire body in them until you leave."

"We're trying to talk to you!"

"Hey!" Fiona's voice shouted over the bickering of Lip and Frank. "Get out of my kitchen."

"My sentiments exactly," Lip scoffed.

"There's my firstborn!" Frank beamed.

Monica smiled and stepped next to him. "We want you to be our maid of honor."

"What?" Fiona blinked. "What are you talking about?"

"You're gonna love this," Lip mumbled sarcastically, and Amara moved out of the way to lean against the wall.

"Show her," Frank nodded at Monica, who raised her hand to flaunt off the diamond ring on her finger.

"You robbed a jewelry store?" Amara shared a look with Fiona. "Okay?"

"Yeah big deal, you stole a ring," Fiona shrugged. "So what?"

"How we acquired it is besides the point," Frank defended. "We're getting married."

Fiona scoffed. "You're already married."

"Only legally."

"We're—we're recommitting our hearts to each other."

Amara rolled her eyes and reached to squeeze Lip's arm gently before going back out into the dining area with one last dirty look over her shoulder at the couple.

"My feet hurt," Amara complained as she walked, throwing her head back to look up at the dark sky. Lip lit up a cigarette from besides her, and shifted the brown paper bag into his other hand. "Fiona making heels apart of the uniform was not the move. I'm going to shove them up her butt."