03 | redhead regina george

☆

"IT'S STARTING TO LOOK like a magic castle in here," Debbie said, sounding enthused as she continued to hang up pink streamers. Amara glanced over her shoulder into the living room from where she was stood at the kitchen counter, decorating the cake she'd made with pink frosting, unimpressed.

"Or like a Care Bear took a giant shit," Tami answered. Amara shared a look with Logan, trying to hide the amused smile on her face.

"Or Strawberry Shortcake fucked My Little Pony," Sandy countered.

"Yeah, or Glinda the Good Witch just, like, projectile vomited-"

"Okay, I get it," Debbie interrupted. "Stop making fun of me. This is gonna be the best party ever."

"For you, maybe," Logan muttered.

"To me it feels like this is more for you than it is for your child," Amara stated. "Franny seemed more interested in the fake plants at Dollar General than this."

"That is so not true," Debbie argued. "Franny's so into it. I mean, what little girl doesn't want a princess party?"

Tami raised her hand. "I never wanted one."

"Yeah, I wanted a Little Women themed party when I was five, so, also not me."

"Me either," Sandy chimed in.

"The baby shower theme party I had was cooler to me than a princess one," Amara agreed.

"I did," Debbie frowned.

Amara shrugged. "I think you're projecting."

"Yeah, explains why you're so obsessed with all this shit."

"I am not obsessed," Debbie scowled. "The wands don't go over there, they go on the coffee table."

"Oh, sorry," Tami glanced into the kitchen with a snort, making eye contact with the two of them. "I just- I never got the princess manual. I was always into G.I Joes and shit when I was a kid, so that's the kind of parties I had."

Sandy sighed and fell onto the couch again. "Yeah, well, every birthday one of my uncles would just get me drunk and let me shoot his gun."

"The bounce house is here!" Franny announced, throwing her arms up in the air.

"Yes!"

"Hell yeah! Love a bounce house."

Freddie clapped his hands together, Amara turned her head at the sound and felt her lips pull into a grin. "What're you clapping at? You wanna go into the bounce house?"

"Look at that gleam in his eyes," Logan crouched down next to her and shook her head. "I'd be so pissed if my kid turned out to look just like his father."