07 | best sexy bitches

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S over," Amara murmured, standing at the doorway with Logan, the two of them staring into their empty dorm room. It had only been three months, but she had really gotten used to feeling comfortable at this place. And it looked so lonely without all of their decorations. "Summer really does fly by, you know?"

"Yeah," Logan sighed. "Too fast. Not enough time."

Amara smiled sadly at her. "There's still time for you two. And you'd only be separated by a couple of states. That's better than halfway across the world."

She shrugged. "Yeah, you're right. But I don't trust long distance."

"What, my example not good enough for you?"

Logan shot her a smirk. "And when was the last time you talked to your boy-toy?"

"Uh..."

"My point exactly," she shook her head as they began to walk, lugging their bags with them. "People grow apart with distance. You don't want it to happen, of course, but it's natural. Same thing is going to happen to us. And I don't want a relationship where I can't just...see her everyday."

"You should at least tell her how you feel."

"Maybe," Logan agreed. "Feel like I should tell you first?"

"Tell me what?" Amara's brows furrowed as Logan stopped walking.

"I'm lesbian."

"Thought you were American."

Logan rolled her eyes. "Shut up. You're the first person I've ever really... Y'know, trusted to tell."

"I'm proud of you," she reached forward to bring Logan into a tight hug. "And I'm glad you trusted me with it. I won't say anything."

"Hey!" Payton's voice shouted, and she came into view a second later. "I almost missed you two. Couldn't have that."

"Definitely not," Amara agreed, watching as she pulled something from her pockets. Three stringy little bracelets with lettered beads on them.

"I made these."

"Friendship bracelets?" Logan questioned, her lip twitching into a smile. "What are you, twelve?"

"Well damn if you don't want it-"

"No!" Logan protested quickly, taking one from Payton's outstretched hand and hurriedly tying it onto her own wrist. "No I do. Can't have you guys walking around with uh... Sexy Bitches."

"I call sexy," Amara said, taking the item from Payton who snorted, and slid her on. "Best Sexy Bitches. Wow, very nice."

Payton rolled her eyes. "Well, as sappy as it sounds, I can't have you guys forgetting about me. You're my best sexy bitches, you know."

Logan groaned. "Are we about to group hug?"

"Group hug!"

When they pulled apart, there were a few stray tears stained on each of their faces, but none of them dared to point any out. Logan was the first one to leave, and Amara reluctantly followed in suit, walking backwards while waving.

"Going to miss you!" Payton called.

"Shut up!" Logan yelled, "if I get into my cab crying I'm running back here and chopping off that precious hair of yours."

"Yeah," Amara shouted in agreement. "What she said!"

"You both suck."

"Later, whores!" Amara grinned, pulling open the door to the car that James had ordered for her so she could have a ride to the airport. She didn't have the guts to say what she was really thinking as she stuffed her suitcase next to her, and looked out the tinted window, where she could just see the rest of Logan's retreating figure, and Payton, who was still standing there, waving.