02 | sex addiction

☆

"FOUR LETTERS?" LIP ASKED, staring at the paper Amara had just handed off to him. She tucked her legs back under her as she readjusted to get comfortable on the couch again, grabbing the blanket that slid off her thighs during the process. "If you did ICUP again I'm quitting."

Amara rolled her eyes. "It was one time."

"It was, like, three," he corrected. Before she got a chance to defend herself, footsteps padded down the stairs and Franny appeared at the bottom of them. "Hey, hey. Look who it is. The birthday girl."

Franny looked around hopelessly with her palms out. "Presents?"

Amara laughed as Lip lifted his head to look at his niece. "Oh, no, no. It's not like Christmas, Franny. You're gonna get your presents tonight at your party."

"Oh," she replied, very sadly.

"I did snag you this though," Amara turned to face her and offered Franny a Snickers bar. "I know they're your favorite. Don't tell your mom, she'll kill me if she finds out someone gave you candy at seven am."

Franny's frown turned into a small grin as she accepted the gift, and Lip lifted her up at the same time. "Let's go get something to eat before desert."

Freddie started to wail the moment Lip left the room. Amara shook her head as she rose to her feet to peer into his crib. "You're such a daddy's boy. Come here. Oh my god, I feel like it should be illegal for your shit to smell this bad. I know what you eat, I feed you everything. How do you poop out a corpse I don't get it."

When she was done switching out his diaper, she disposed it and walked into the kitchen. Debbie and Sandy were there now, Liam had just shut the back door behind him on his way to school.

"There's gonna be a bouncy house," Debbie was saying. Amara approached the fridge to make Fred a bottle as Lip got the birthday girl some breakfast. "We're gonna get a bunch of decorations from the dollar store. It's gonna be great."

"Hey, can I tag along to the dollar store? I'll bring my car. Homeboy needs more diapers."

"Is that me?" Lip asked, raising his hand.

"Absolutely."

"Yeah, that's fine," Debbie answered.

"Good. Oh, also your decorating skills are questionable so I'm helping."

"Hello, whores!" Logan swung open the door with Tami on her heel, who was carrying a giant box of donuts. "Oh, sorry. There's a child. Hello people who are way too active in bed to not need to go to therapy for a sex addiction."

"What's this?" Debbie asked, gesturing to the box Tami had.

"Birthday donuts," she said, setting it down onto the table. "Happy breakfast."