09 | lord thundercunt

"HEY, FIONA CALLED AND she wants to know if you've seen- woah, what happened to your face?"

Amara glanced at Silvia through the mirror she was standing in front of. "I rolled off my bed last night. Fiona wants to know if I've seen who?"

"Ian," Silvia replied, warily stepping into the bathroom. "He burned a van the other night. Also, Lip texted me and asked where you were."

Her heart thundered. "What'd you say?"

"That you're home," she shrugged. "He's on his way."

"Fuck!" Amara swore, rushing to her room.

Silvia followed after her confusedly. "Is that a problem?"

"He can't see this bruise."

"I knew you didn't fall. Joe did it, didn't he?"

"Does it matter who did it? Lip can't see he'll go ballistic and kill someone." Someone knocked on the front door. Amara froze and Silvia stared at her. "Fuck it."

"Fuck wha-"

Amara pushed open the window and hopped out it. She heard Silvia yell after her, but she had already bolted down the street in the opposite direction. She was out of breath by the time she was halfway down the block, and she had to lean against a fence post to regain her strength.

She could feel the bile start to rise up in her throat, and tried her best to fight it back down, but the urge was too strong, her stomach flipped, and all of a sudden she was puking on a stranger's lawn.

When she was done, she straightened up and wiped her mouth on her sleeve. "What the fuck? Why the fu-" the realization hit her like a truck. The weird food cravings. The dizziness. "Oh God. Oh fuck no. Oh my God."

"My life is over," Amara groaned, hiding her face under her arm.

Fiona gently kicked her leg. "Would you relax?"

"I have another living organism forming inside of me."

Fiona sighed. "So get off my floor and stop wailing and go get an abortion. You have the money, don't you? I can lend you some if not."

Amara pushed herself up. "No, I do."

Fiona cocked a brow. "So what's the problem? Who knocked you up, anyway?" She paused. "You don't want it, right?"

"Fuck no."

Fiona exhaled. "Do you know who the father is?"

Amara swatted her away. "Yes lord thundercunt, I know who the father is."

Fiona settled on her bed, intrigued. "Okay, who? And hurry up, I have that meeting with my lawyer in thirty minutes."

Amara fiddled with the hem of her shirt. "The abortion isn't the problem it's... Fuck, I don't know. He's had such, like, baby fever recently. I can see it in the way he talks about that kid his co-worker always brings to their job, and how his face lit up when he told me about Brad's baby. I mean, I know I'm not fucking ready for a kid, but at the same time..."

Fiona was no longer smirking. "Wait, who the fuck are you talking about? Who's the dad?"

Amara scratched her head and winced. "Uh, Lip?"

"You're kidding."

"I'm absolutely not."

"You two are back together and you haven't told me?!"