10 | that floor needs a therapy session

"SO YOU'RE REALLY DOING this?" Amara questioned, leaning against the doorframe as she watched Ian take a bunch of selfies with the only good lighting in the house, which happened to be in the bathroom.

"Mickey started it," Ian replied, shrugging nonchalantly, though she knew that was far from the case. "I'm just giving him a taste of his own medicine."

She sighed. "Why don't you just talk to him?"

"Oh like how you're talking to Lip about you hanging out with James fucking Lewis at work?"

Amara rolled her eyes. "Dude, that's so unfair. James has changed. You act like I didn't witness first hand how much of an asshole he was back then. But he was a dumb teenager. And now we're adults. Lip won't see it like that, and you know it. He doesn't think people can change."

"Yeah, well, can you blame him? Look at our parents."

"You're avoiding the question."

"I've tried, Amara. He's being such a dick and he won't even let me talk. This morning he said anything I need to tell him can be talked about in front of 'the love of his life Byron.' Can you believe that shit?"

"Men," she scoffed, pushing herself off the wall. "Don't do that angle you look like a forty year old cougar who would bitch at the manager. Give me your phone."

Ian tossed it to her with a huff. "Shouldn't you be worrying about Freddie?"

"He's asleep," she shrugged, pointing to the blank wall. "Go there. We need to make you look like the model you are."

"Ha."

"Question," Amara pulled the device down. "That ring you gave me. Where did you even get it? And why didn't you use it to propose to Mickey yourself?"

Ian didn't reply, and his head suddenly snapped in the direction of the hallway. It was suspicious, but she didn't have time to comment on it as Liam strolled by the bathroom. "Shouldn't you be in school?" Ian called.

The youngest Gallagher spun around to face them. "For more important stuff to do. Got to find Frank."

Amara cocked her head. "Yeah, where is he? It's been a while. It feels like I haven't had to hide my wallet in ages."

Ian furrowed his brows. "Why? We couldn't find him for most of 2005. Then one day, there he was, passed out on the kitchen floor."

"I feel like that floor needs a therapy session," Amara muttered. "Poor thing."

"He's like a cat," Ian went on. "He'll be back."

Liam stepped into the room. "If I don't find him soon, they're gonna kick me out of school. What're you guys doing?"

"Trying to find the right Grindr profile picture. Amara thinks she's a professional photographer."

"Anyone is a professional photographer compared to the pics you just took."

"Shut up," Ian glared over at her and she smiled back innocently.

"Grindr?" Liam repeated. "Aren't you still in love with Mickey?"

Ian scrubbed a hand over his face. "Yeah, I am. But there was the whole half-proposal thing and the whole him getting a new boyfriend thing. And then the promise ring thing, and I'm desperate."

"Don't forget that you stupidly told him you have a date for a show tomorrow night thing either," Amara added. "You're both idiots."

"Sorry I asked," Liam gestured for the phone. "Let me see those pictures."