Chapter 39: Unveil- Double Cross

"So you just don't find it weird how everything just stopped all of a sudden?"

"I think we should be more grateful we didn't lose much people instead of this conversation, Tae."

"I think we should have this conversation though. I mean, a code yellow suddenly subsided in under 30 minutes when most of the investigators were rookies? It took five hours to wipe out as much vampires as we did at Tokyo Central, Yeonjun. Its just weird."

"Weird that we survived?"

"Weird that several rookies were killed while we weren't even attacked."

"Oh, back again?"

Christopher asked without raising his eyes away from the weapon he worked upon, recognizing the footsteps easily. 

"Are they done?"

He questioned as Chris nodded, dusting off his hands and ducking underneath the table as he fetched up three briefcases, setting them on the empty space on his table.

"All ready for you. Just have these in use twice and they'll work like you want them to."

The man nodded in satisfaction as he grazed his fingers over the briefcases. Good work, he replied back. Looking back up at Chris as he grabbed the briefcases, he inquired again.

"Did they come here?"

Chris nodded in response.

"They did. I gave them the deadliest ones I had in store and could possibly make. Like you asked. They came here today to pick them up."

"Good. Do you know their plan with them yet?"

Chris nodded once again with a newly formed smirk on his lips.

"Still nothing?"

Naoko shook her head. It had been a week since they had injected Dawon's blood into her but there were nearly no effects.

Once everyone had left the dinner table, Hyejin pulled Yoona along with her to the side.

"I think we'll have to force it."

"What?"

Yoona asked with a puzzled expression.

"We might have to hide open blood bags in her room to agitate her quicker."

"What? No, that won't help you. I didn't feel any effects of having blood around me until I felt that sensation of hunger. Just give her time, it will happen eventually-"

"We're running out of time Yoona. We have the plan coming up soon and we can't have Naoko go out and fight by us in a human condition, that too without minimal training atleast."