Chapter 38: Chaos in Planning

"Alright, breakfast's ready, get everyone's ass here before it's cold."

Jaemin flipped another pancake on the pan as Dawon nodded and went to everyone's room to get them there.

Jaemin, like all others, had a weirdly aggressive way of showing his love. He always had gotten comments that he was rude or if people really wanted to be funny, that he was unbearable. He never let them get to heart though, maybe as a kid, but not anymore. It's just how he was. Or was it?

Jaemin had a fear no one who ever met him would think he has: the fear of someone he loves hating his very existence. It was first triggered when he was in elementary school. He thought he could really trust this guy that he really really liked.. young love, you can say.

But, kids can be cruel. Even more cruel than something naturally vicious.

'Monster.. You're a monster! Get away from me, I don't want to get your homo disease, you hideous thing! Get away!'

He remembers how he had spent the rest of the day in one of the far off cubicles on the bathrooms at school. He came out only after he knew everyone left school, it was already 4PM by then. With his puffy eyes and freshly broken heart, he picked up his bag and left for the shelter. He came and went as he pleased, which a lot of kids envied him for. All Jaemin envied the other kids for, however, were parents. He was told his actual parents were unknown but that he was left at the doorstep of a random stranger who then brought him to the shelter. 

"Did you not hear me or something? If you don't wanna eat, just say so but call the others"

Jisung nodded his head and went to the rooms to call everyone out. Once everyone had assembled at the table and eating, Dawon spoke.

"I talked to Chan and Jeongin, they said the weapons were ready."

"Hm, good. Get the weapons, we'll make our move by the end of the week."

Several people on the table choked on their food, quickly reaching for the water at Hyejin's words, spoken so casually as if they were discussing the weather.

"End of the week? That's barely four days!"

"We don't even have a proper plan-"

"We do, eat up and meet at the conference table. We'll brief you up, start working."

Out of all people on the table, Yoona and Naoko were the only ones who didn't outrightly react to Hyejin.

Breakfast and a few comments later, everyone was seated at the conference table. Hyejin presented the whole of the plan, back up plans, weapons, everything.

"Thanks to Naoko, we now know about the Central. Or well, the still existing one. Here,"

Hyejin said as she turned around, pointing at something on a large map of an unknown building.

"Is the entrance of the Matsudo Central. We need to enter from the roof. We'll be going top to bottom, eliminating any senior ranking Investigator first. We need to make absolutely sure that the training Investigators have no guidance."

As Hyejin continued to elaborate, Haechan interrupted.

"Hold on, this is great and all but whats the end goal here? Maybe I'm just missing some shit here but I'm not gonna risk my life for some Investigators who maybe don't even fucking matter."

"The goal is simple. Chaos."

"The day that Jaemin and some others went over to Matsudo to lure out the Investigators, they found out that the Top 5 Investigators are still alive and now, if our assumptions are correct, residing at the hidden Central of Matsudo. We attack them while they don't suspect it and create a havoc as a distraction and get our work done by then. Simple."

Hyejin responded back as if, again, its the most casual thing in the world. This was basically a suicide mission.

"What's the work you're talking about?"

Jeno asks.

"Destroy Matsudo Central. Bomb it just like the last one except this time, make sure we kill the threat. For now, that's all. We'll be working on who does what and how in more detail over the next four days, in that time, I need Dawon and Beomgyu to retrieve all weapons from Bang Chan and I.N's and for Renjun and Jisung to get Han and Felix here. I want all this done by today."

And just like that, everyone was dismissed. Dawon, Beomgyu, Renjun and Jisung rushed out the base together as soon as everyone was able to leave the room while everyone else started to train and practice on their own.

Four days till they attack.

Four days till they possibly die.

A.N: THIS IS VERY SHORT AND VERY LATE I KNOW BUT BEAR WITH ME PLEASEE, I've been having the shittiest time lately and school starts in a day after today, and its my senior year so there's just a shit load to do so ILL TRY MY BEST TO STILL SOMEHOW UPDATE THO LOVES, BUT THANK YOU FOR THE INTEREST YOU ALL SHOW IN THIS STORY AND FOR 7K READS WITH 400+ VOTES!! DO COMMENT ON THE CHAPTERS I SWEAR I CHECK ONCE IN A WHILE AND REPLY AND I JUST LOVE READIN THEM SO COMMENT TOO!!!