Chapter 12: The Execution

HYEJIN POV

As I was fighting, I managed to stay out of everyone's sight and kill the Investigators in the shadows itself. The damned eagle-eyed Investigator from the tops was too busy handling a bunch of them at the same time, so this was a golden opportunity. Instead of getting out of here, I knew there would be a second cue in time, so by then, I'll try to get my revenge.

Or that's what I wanted. I knew we didn't have time, and I had to get Yoona out of there too.

I dropped the weapon I had and controlled my eyes to look normal again, as I ran into the interior of Central towards where I had kept Yoona. Everyone was running around towards the entrance and some towards the Control Center.

I headed for the prison in the interior and saw Yoona there, still inside, looking confused. I saw Jeno and Chenle heading towards the roofs of the Central as I just nodded to them in agreeance that our plan was going as thought so far.

Exchanging glances I headed towards Yoona's cell and got her out of there as the Investigators were starting to lessen in the area.

'Hyejin, what's going on?'

Right, she didn't know about this part of the plan.

'Just shut up for now and move fast, k? We don't have much time. I'll answer your questions once we're out of here.'

I said as I swung the door open and dragged her out of there quickly, grabbing her hand and running with her towards the entrance.

As we were running, I recognized the area. It was strange, it felt as if I'm missing something.. but I couldn't point my finger at what exactly. 

Then, as running, I saw a broken door, and a pair of feet, moving so slightly.

My eyes widened as realization struck me and I stopped running, just staring at the door blankly, as I felt Yoona shaking me.

'Hyejin, what's wrong!?'

She asked me again and again. I was too deep in my thoughts, thinking. Naoko.. what do I do? Do I leave her here? How the hell did I not think of this before..

'Hyejin, c'mon! What's wrong, talk to me dammit!'

I looked at Yoona blankly, she was frustrated, scared too. She probably knew by now that this was a life or death situation.

I had to think quick, and so I did. I ran into the room leaving Yoona outside and picked up Naoko from the corner I left her in. She was unconscious, so it was perfect. She wouldn't know a thing.

I picked her up and carefully supported her with my shoulders as I walked out of the room. Yoona saw me and came towards me as we both started walking towards the entrance again.

'A vampire..?'

'Not quite, who do you think I got these Investigator clothes from? Now help me already, we need to move faster.'

Yoona grabbed Naoko's other arm and supported her as we starting walking faster now. I could tell the second siren would go off any moment, and we were short on time. 

I hurried through the empty halls where the flashing red lights were still ongoing as well as the siren. I could see the exit as Yoona and I started walking towards it faster. We were about to enter Central Prison where I was initially, and I saw two shadows escaping from the roof.

That was Jeno and Chenle, I'm sure of it. That meant the second siren would go off any moment. 

We were walking past the Central Prison, and almost made it halfway to the entrance, when I felt a stinging pain in my arm. 

'Ah, shit..'

I mumbled as we kept going until I felt that stinging pain twice again in different places of my arm. My arm fell from behind my neck where I was holding Naoko's arm. It was numb and I couldn't move it at all.

'Go ahead with her, I have some unfinished business..'

'What? Are you crazy!? I'm not leaving you alone, you're injured!'

'Would you rather have yourself die too?'

'IF THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES, I'LL DO IT! I'M NOT LETTING YOU FIGHT ALONE ANYMORE!'

I was quite taken back by her boldness now, but since we were running out of time, I looked around for the opponent and spotted several.

'It doesn't seem that I have much of a choice resisting you now, taking into account of the situation.. Put her down carefully and guard her with your life. Those Investigators will come and try to retrieve her, I'll fight them off in the distance but if any manage to get past, then it's your duty.. got it?'

'Got it. Be careful.'

'I could say the same to you.'

I carefully placed Naoko down on the ground and took a look at my arm. Three daggers. I picked them all out, as I headed towards my first target, the one who threw the dagger at me. After I took out the dagger, my arm started healing. The holes were being patched, but I still couldn't move it..

'What did you use on me, huh? Look at what you did.. You have a weapon meanwhile I don't even have both my hands, don't you think it's unfair?' 

'IT DOESN'T MATTER, DOES IT!? ALL YOU MONSTERS HAVE TAKEN OVER OUR WORLD, LEAVING US TO LIVE IN FEAR OF YOU AT ALL TIMES! WE CANT WALK FREELY ON THE STREETS WITHOUT THE CONSTANT FEAR THAT OUT OF THE HUNDREDS WALKING ON THE STREETS, MANY OF THEM COULD BE VAMPIRES, MONSTERS OF NATURE LIKE YOU!'

I stepped towards her, closer and closer with each step as she kept yelling with tears down her face, looking absolutely insane.

'YOU ARE ALL THE SAME! YOU KILL US FOR NOTHING BUT PLEASURE, DON'T YOU!? IT'S NOT AS IF YOU HAVE A REASON! JUST TODAY YOUR KIND KILLED SO MANY OF US.. HOW WILL YOU REPAY THAT?! YOU FREAKS OF NATURE SHOULD NEVER HAVE EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE! YOU TOOK OUR WORLD FROM US AND MADE IT OUR HELL! ONE DAY, ALL OF YOU WILL DIE! YOU, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR KIND, ALL WILL BE WIPED OUT OF OUR WORLD!'

My feet suddenly stopped moving and froze in place. I looked down at my feet, my hair falling as well, covering my face. The woman was still crying, and I knew the opponents were looking for this chance to attack me.

'Tell me something, woman..'

I started.

'Just who told you..'

I said continuing. Suddenly, I looked up, straight at her with a devilish smirk.

'THAT THIS WORLD IS YOURS!?'

I unleashed my eyes and claw-like nails, as I ran towards the woman in speed and sliced her throat. I could see two more coming for me at once with their weapons as I ran towards them and slashed their faces and chest, with their bodies and weapons falling to the ground.

I looked at Yoona, and it was just as I thought, those Investigators were trying to save Naoko.

I ran towards them and killed them in an instant as well. As I kept a lookout for anymore, I helped Yoona carry Naoko closer to the entrance to escape. Hopefully, the guys had our path clear for us to escape.

Just as we were almost there, I heard Yoona yelp.

'What happened?!'

I muttered and looked back. I could feel the anger rise in me as I came face-to-face with two of the top Investigators, one being the one who attacked me.

'DAMN YOU!'

I yelled as helped Yoona get out of there with the Investigators chasing us and trying to hurt us constantly with their weapons.

As soon as I got Yoona and Naoko out, the second siren went off. Both the sirens were going off together, and that was just perfect.

We were all out, and because all of us were injured, the boys had to help carry Naoko and Yoona. I looked back at the Investigators with an evil smirk from a distance outside Central Prison. I could almost hear the ticking as the final ticks went by and the whole place.. boom!