Chapter 19: Anonymous Reach

"Oh, you're back. What happened, you needed some fresh air?"

Beomgyu asked Yoona as she entered the kitchen while he just rummaged through the fridge.

"Yeah, you can say that I guess."

"You decided to smoke to relieve yourself, huh?"

He replied back to Yoona's reply, taking out a small blood bag from the fridge, closing the door.

"Mhm. It's just been so stressful lately with everything that's going on. Worse is, I don't think it's even near the end."

"Well you're right about that."

"About what?"

"The fact that it's nowhere near the end. When Hyejin, Soobin and the other new members bombed Central, we basically commenced war against those investigators and us vampires. And wars can last years. Even decades. This is just the beginning, plus with what's the condition of the Investigators right now, it just might be our golden opportunity to end this all fast. But.."

Beomgyu explained as he cut a small slit in the blood bag and poured it out into a prettily sculptured glass. As the red liquid dripped out its final drops into the glass, he trailed off.

"But?"

Yoona asked, sitting on the kitchen counter, leaning back a bit as she looked at Beomgyu who threw the blood bag into the trash bin.

"I have an odd feeling that something's not right. It just seems.. I don't know. It feels too easy."

Yoona breathily chuckled at his reply, leaning her head back onto a cabinet.

"Would you rather have it the hard way then? I think you've gotten used to thinking that everything needs to be hard to be right, huh?"

She joked. Beomgyu just zoned off as he took a sip from the glass, one hand in his pocket. His pupils turned red and the whites of his eyes turned black, the veins and blood vessels near his eyes becoming predominant and clearly visible.

Yoona hopped off the kitchen counter, grabbed herself a small bag of crackers and left for her room.

"Maybe I have.."

Beomgyu muttered as he gulped down the rest of the liquid in the cup and left it in the kitchen sink.

A knock was heard on Yoona's door, as she was laying on her bed, earphones in her ears connected to her phone, watching something online to try and pass time.

"Come in!"

The door opened as Hyejin walked in the room with casuals on, sweatpants and an oversized hoodie. Hyejin closed the door behind her as she went towards Yoona's bed and laid down beside her.

"Do we have something urgent?"

"No?"

"Then why did you come?"

Hyejin pretended to look offended as she scoffed.

"So I can't just spend some time with my best friend without it being a life-threatening mission somewhere? Okay fine, I'll just leave then."

Hyejin got up from the bed only to get pulled back down by her wrist by Yoona. Yoona laughed as she got up straight and sat on her bed, back against her headboard.