Chapter 37: Code Yellow

"Kai, call Changbin, Seungmin and Minho, get them to check all security footage of every single corner and tell me if you see anything suspicious. Keep on the down low, don't let anyone pick up on the fact that something may be happening."

"Uh, sure, I'll do that but what's goin-"

"I'll send you the rest of it over text, I can't risk someone hearing us. Get the three on the CCTVs, pronto."

Yeonjun ended the call, speed walking through the hallways, now wearing his jacket as he quickly forwarded all messages Taehyun had sent him today. He got confirmation from Hueningkai that all of them were at the CCTV room as he took a turn towards the same room.

Soon enough, he walked into the room as they Minho sat there with the zoomed footage of the parking lot, Taehyun visible at one corner. 

Changbin and Seungmin continued to speed check through everywhere else when Minho spoke to Yeonjun.

"Oh, finally, come here."

Yeonjun walked towards Minho's seat, pressing his palm against the table and he leaned down to get a better look when Minho pressed play.

"Taehyun's getting into his car here and.."

Minho waited for a second before pointing towards the screen as a black figure moved in and out of the frame of the CCTV camera at an astonishing speed.

"There."

Minho pressed a few buttons on his key board as he backed up the footage by a few seconds, slowing it down before he pressed play again.

Even in the slowed version, it was hard to make out anything at all. It moved so swiftly, leaving absolutely no features to be noted.

"There's nothing here. All clear."

"But then-"

Evacuate, evacuate. This is not a drill, I repeat. Evacuate, evacuate. This is not a dr..

"MINHO! WE NEED YOU HERE!"

A voice called out loud and clear from the doorway of the room before everyone in the room turned to face the door themselves only to see it wide open, lights flashing outside and people running past the door.

"Shit, we've got a code yellow."

"Are you feeling okay now?"

Naoko nodded slowly. She was wrapped in her blanket now, cold in Yoona's arms. Yoona could feel the heat radiating off of Naoko. She wished she could radiate back the same heat but she was cold now. Ice cold-blooded. She just hoped the little warmth left in her heart made up for it.

"I didn't do it.. I didn't want to betray any of you, Yoona.. Please believe me.."

"Sh, it's okay, it's okay.. I believe you."

Yoona rubbed the side of Naoko's arm in an attempt to comfort her but Naoko shook her head.

"You don't. You don't know what happened that day-"

"It's okay, Naoko, I do believ-"

"He called me to meet him infront of the girls locker room. Said he was planning something for you birthday."