Chapter 18: In My Head

The door of the huge penthouse opened and the sound of it being clicked closed could be heard.

"Yeonjun-ssi.."

Hueningkai said, getting up from the couch.

"Hm? Did the research team find anything?"

"Unfortunately, no. They said the samples we collected had expired and that it'd take all new and fresh blood samples to further research into the topic."

"I see. It's a setback, but not that major of one. What about the viles?"

"They're in perfect condition. The research faculty said that new QKs can be made from it easily, and that they'd be much deadlier this time as well."

"Good."

The conversation between Taehyun and Yeonjun ended as Yeonjun removed his hooded jacket, and placed it on the coat rack near the door.

"Where were you though? It's been a couple of hours since you separated from us."

Yeonjun didn't bother looking up from his phone, to face Kai, who asked the question.

"I thought I told you. I went to get some fresh air."

"So you went to get some fresh air and come back reeking of cigars?"

As Yeonjun clicked on the article that came out today from the interview 'they' gave, he looked up, his tongue poking his cheek.

"It's not been easy on me, okay? What if I reek of cigars? Can I not take a fucking break from my duty for just two hours now either?"

He asked solemnly as Kai just looked away, pointing in a direction. Yeonjun's eyes slowly darted in the same direction, to see a sign placed on the wall.

"'Do not smoke', the place has a separate smoking room and everywhere else has smoke and cigar detectors. They might go off soon, so I just wanted to tell you to go.. freshen up."

Yeonjun looked away from the sign, his eyes wandering here and there. He swiftly closed his phone and slid it into his pocket.

"Hm, okay, I'm gonna go. But what about the article with the dummy us?"

"People bought it. It's going to give those vampires the illusion that we got severely injured for now."

"Good. Good, that's great. I'll, uh.."

Yeonjun stuttered a bit as Taehyun who just replied to his first statement looked at him, with subtly questioning eyes.

"I'll just go shower, clear my mind a bit."

"Yeah, you should."

Yeonjun turned on the shower head, waiting for the hot water to start flowing as he looked at himself in the mirror. Turning open the faucet, he quickly splashed water on his face, as he remembered the scenes that happened just a few hours prior.

"Take it as a thanks. Don't expect me to say it."

Yeonjun just smiled softly as he bent over to completely face the girl.

"But you just did."

The girl glared at him, as he just playfully took the cigarette from her, purposely grabbing her hand, and pulling her towards him.