Chapter 28: Weaponizing and Materializing

Running faster and faster, the woman's breathing started getting constricted. The fact that she had deep cuts in her calf didn't help her situation, only slowing her down as she occasionally winced and hissed at the pain.

Running out of the small side-street of the less populated neighborhood, she quickly hid inside a convenience store, pretending to be just fine as she walked past the cashier, soon hiding herself in a area where she was sure no CCTVs would capture her. 

She carefully sat herself down in a corner of one of the aisles. In an attempt to inspect the four claw like wounds on her calf, she tried to position her leg, only to end up hissing in pain again which she quickly covered up by slapping a hand on her mouth, tears now slowly starting to well up in her eyes as she could feel the pain only starting to get worse as her body started to react to try and do something.

Drowning in pain more and more, she closed her eyes, leaning her head back onto the wall as she didn't realize someone saw her, only being alerted again when she heard shuffling.

"Haiyu?"

Yoona's mind went rampant as she recognized the voice. Still trying to convince herself otherwise, she opened her eyes, removing her hand from her mouth only to be disappointed at reality.

"Choi Yeonjun."

A few hours earlier..

The group of vampires quietly made their way into the narrow and dark alley, escaping from the bright, crowded and lit up city side. They all walked further and further into the alley as it only got narrower and narrower til they reached a point where each of them had to walk one by one to get through.

After that tiny space, the alley started getting wider, still dark and empty though. Soon the one leading them came to a stop as did the others behind him.

"It says we're here."

Dawon quietly announced as they all turned to face the nearest building which was right beside them. It was quite demolished, a few broken windows and a cheap neon sign which was barely hanging on anymore, pointing to where the nearest pub was was, '5 meters ahead', it said. 

There was graffiti all over the old looking building as now Yoona took the lead amongst them, pushing open the creaky doors of the building as the rest of them followed. Dawon entered soon right behind her as did Soobin, Haechan and Jaemin. 

Yoona looked around to find another entrance, walking around the dusty wooden floors, the paint of the walls chipping away and absolutely no light in the seemingly abandoned building. Its not like they needed light either way as their vision quickly adjusted to the very low lighting, being able to see everything around them as clear as day.

"Here!"

All of them turned their heads towards Haechan's voice as they followed behind, only realize it was a fire escape which they assumed led to the parking lot basement.

Walking down the stairs they slowly start seeing light from the bottom, as soon a figure popped out from below, blocking the light.

"I see you made it on time, come along."

"Aren't you gonna introduce us to who you are first?"