Chapter 11: The Disguise

JAEMIN POV

I was with Renjun, Haechan, Jisung and Soobin. The five of us needed to disguise ourselves and carry out our part of the plan. For this, we all separated and decided to meet at a point in the interior of Central. After we all split up, I went into the depths of Central, not wanting to be attacked or seen by other Investigators as I carry out my part.

I couldn't find a single Investigator, what a pain.

So, I went to the security rooms of Central, and lucky me, I found a couple of Investigators in there, monitoring the screens. I went up to them quietly and snapped the neck of one. The other heard his painful moan, and looked to face me. I grinned at him devilishly, as I felt like a predator that had found its prey, and killed the other Investigator in there too without a drop of blood spilling on the uniform.

I changed my clothes with his, and looked decent enough to slip the Investigators. Only problem was none of them had a mask I could cover my face with, and the mask I had screamed vampire, so compromise wasn't quite a option.

I looked around the security room, and lucky for me, I found a surgical mask and a cap. I could hide myself pretty well with the mask, but the cap was a cherry on top, cause now, they couldn't see my eyes either.

I looked at the two bodies, and mustered my claw like nails, as I slit both their throats open, just to be sure they were dead and gone. Taking the ID card, I fixed it on the pocket of the shirt, as I put on some gloves and headed out. I headed towards the interior of Central where we had agreed to meet, and I found three people there already.

'Who's missing?'

I asked, as I looked around.

'Renjun. He should be on his way.'

I nodded as I kept an eye out for him. I soon saw someone with a gun, coming towards us. He was dressed in a top Investigator's uniform, so we werent sure if it was Renjun or not.

'What are you all doing here? Get out there, people are dying for god's sa- a-'

The Investigator with his weapon started falling down, as a strip of blood escaped his mouth. The Investigator fell dead as we saw Renjun behind him, and a sense of relief wavered over us as we all then made our way to the exits of Central.

RENJUN POV

Shit.. there were a lot of people at the exits of Central.. easily in hundreds. Media and other reporters, common by passers and children. I could see the guards at the gates, trying to keep them away but none of them would budge. Its as if they were getting a show.

'All these bastards consider the slaughtering going on inside a damned show? Our comrades are dying in there!'

I heard Haechan say. He wasn't wrong, not one bit. Our comrades and fellow vampires were dying inside to be able to get us free and out of here. To think their sacrifice would mean nothing was starting boil my blood.

'How many of us are SSS rated here?'

I asked, as I saw Soobin and Jaemin step forward. I myself was a SSS rated. But only us three, I really don't think we could handle such a crowd, but we had to try anyways.

'Remember, Hyejin told us what to do, no matter what happens, we have to stick to that and then fire off our signal.. got it?'

We all nodded at Soobin's statement. We all looked like normal Investigators, so we went towards the gates as the guards cleared way for us.

'Investigators.. we were trying to get them-'

'Well you are all certainly not doing a good job.'

Jaemin said, as we all faced the crowd. There was pushing and pulling, all wanting to get as near as they could. The reporters were standing at an corner on the road with their vans, blocking the road almost.

'DO YOU ALL THINK THIS IS A JOKE? A DAMNED SHOW GOING ON HERE? PEOPLE ARE DYING IN THERE, TO PROTECT YOU ALL AND THIS IS HOW YOU ALL REPAY? BY STANDING HERE, ALL YOU REPORTERS TRYING TO GET PROFIT OUT IT, AND ALL YOU PEOPLE, TRYING TO ENJOY THIS?'

Jisung yelled at them all, as there was a hush of silence, then silent whispers. Soon, a reporter came up to us.

'We are so, so sorry for this all.. but can let us know on how bad the situation is inside?'

She slowly propped the mic up to us, smiling nervously as now I had had enough.

'You want to know bad things are? I'll tell you this, its way worse than what's about to happen now.. You want your scoop? Get this as your damned scoop..'

I emerged my claw like nails from my finger nails, as I slashed the reporter's face and throat as she fell down and everybody who was so interested had started screaming. For now, it was all upto me, Soobin and Jaemin. We handed our weapons to Haechan and Jisung, as they used it as their weapon against the humans. First call of business, we murder the guards. Soobin took care of that in minutes as me and Jaemin continued slaughtering the crowd and reporters.

We had the masks covering us, so there was no way of telling about our faces. We slaughtered all reporters and adults, just when I was about to slash a child's throats, I saw him crying. That weakened me.. I couldn't move and my hand was frozen in place.

Suddenly, I heard a grunt from behind me, and saw a adult human with a pole in her hands, about to hit my head before Soobin killed her. He stepped infront of me, and slaughtered the children too, without any mercy.

I just stood there, mortified at the sight of the children, screaming for their parents. Most were in uniforms, meaning they had been on their way home.. now their parents will never see them again..

'How could you just.. kill them..'

I barely managed to whisper.

'That's the difference between you all and me and Hyejin.. while me and Hyejin are also SSS rated vampires like some of you in your group, me and Hyejin belong from the 2nd Chamber.. whose vampires have no heart, no soul, no mercy.'

My eyes, along with the rest of ours widened at his statement. The 2nd Chamber was the most feared group of vampires in Japan.. even SSS rated vampires feared them. The VCO has very little information about the groups of vampires yet, but im pretty sure they also know about the 2nd Chamber.

Soobin walked across the dead bodies of our victims, and went towards the tiny cabin of the guards at the gates. He walked inside, and searched for a button, and soon he found it. Once he pressed it, a loud siren could be heard from inside Central.

Intruders, Intruders, Intruders

That was the cue. Hyejin and Yoona needed to get out of there now, as soon as Jeno and Chenle came out. Once they would be out, we would let go of another siren, which would be their last chance to get out.

HYEJIN POV

As I was fighting, I managed to stay out of everyone's sight and kill the Investigators in the shadows itself. The damned eagle-eyed Investigator from the tops was too busy handling a bunch of them at the same time, so this was a golden opportunity.

Just as I was about to move forward to kill the red haired top Investigator who tried to kill me, I heard a loud siren go off. Bright red lights were circling around, and the siren kept going off. The Investigators panicked, and I knew this was my chance.

Intruders, Intruders, Intruders

I tried killing as many Investigators as I could in this time, until the second alarm went off too. This wasnt exactly according to plan, but screw it. I had to take this risk, if it meant vampires like us would have a better chance..